Old PSU or new?

Arrested Developer

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
I bought a new PC on black Friday that comes with a Cougar 600SL PSU. I don't know much about Cougar but a search on google seems to show a mixed reputation. My question is should I use my old PSU from the computer I'm replacing, a 5 year old Corsair 850w? Wattage is estimated at about 400w

Solution
The Cougar 600SL has been discontinued for some time and does not even have a bronze certification.
Very often cheaply sought,poor quality units are thrown into pre built systems.
I saw an add some time ago selling those PSUs for $20. That would be clearance sales and picked up by builders.
Don't know the tier certification of your Corsair? but they sell decent units and the extra Wattage will not harm your system in any way. Use the Corsair and keep the other for a spare.
The Cougar 600SL has been discontinued for some time and does not even have a bronze certification.
Very often cheaply sought,poor quality units are thrown into pre built systems.
I saw an add some time ago selling those PSUs for $20. That would be clearance sales and picked up by builders.
Don't know the tier certification of your Corsair? but they sell decent units and the extra Wattage will not harm your system in any way. Use the Corsair and keep the other for a spare.

Solution

Arrested Developer

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

My Corsair is gold certified so I guess I got some work to do. Thanks for your help.