Question Old PSU works fine in PC but everytime I try a new one no power gets to the PC

Jan 26, 2021
I have bought 3 power supplies in the past couple of weeks, a 750W, 700W and 650W. both the 750W and 700W ones I sent back thinking they were faulty. I still have the 650W here with me and my 7 year old 500W one too, I have installed all of the power supplies in the exact same way, I made sure the main power cable was plugged in, the cpu cable was plugged in, the case fans were plugged in and the sata was plugged in. the only things not in are the graphics card cables because i have a 1050ti which has no slot for a cable. When I install the new 650W psu the keyboard lights up as soon as the main power switch on the PSU is turned on and the monitor says No Signal for a second but then turns off. When i press the on button absolutely nothing happens, no fans spinning anywhere, no lights, nothing. as if no power is getting to the PC. When I put my old 500W one in the same way it works fine and boots fine?? im honestly so confused, its been doing my head in for weeks, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 26, 2021
Oh ok thankyou, it's a custom-built PC here are the specs:
Gigabyte H310M S2H motherboard
Intel i5 8500
GTX 1050 ti
2TB BarraCudda hard drive
24GB Crucial RAM
BeQuiet Dark Rock Slim Heatsink

Oh ok thankyou, it's a custom-built PC here are the specs:
Gigabyte H310M S2H motherboard
Intel i5 8500
GTX 1050 ti
2TB BarraCudda hard drive
24GB Crucial RAM
BeQuiet Dark Rock Slim Heatsink
that ram configuration seams a bit weird

u still missed those PSUs used

anyway mobo shoulld handle pretty much any PSU out there on market
u sure it was properly connected? that 24pin connector might need more force when psu is shiny new to properly "click"

Jan 26, 2021
that ram configuration seams a bit weird

u still missed those PSUs used

anyway mobo shoulld handle pretty much any PSU out there on market
u sure it was properly connected? that 24pin connector might need more force when psu is shiny new to properly "click"

Oooooh sorry I thought you meant my cpu for some reason lol, power supply is 650 Cooler Master Gold and I checked the seem where the power cable meets the motherboard and it was in flush? I pressed with a decent amount of force