[SOLVED] Old reused Ryzen CPU testing report software tools commands

Oct 26, 2020
I was planning to purchase a new ryzen build with ryzen 2700x or ryzen 3600 for video editing rendering graphic designing and 3d architecture designing. But as I checked benchmark ryzen 7 2700x with less cache (4/16mb) in performance it matches ryzen 5 3600x so I prefred but there was a glitch to invest $260 on an outdated AMD ryzen 2000 series zen+ when AMD ryzen 5000 series zen 3 is in market. So a friend dealer suggested me to get an old ryzen 7 or ryzen 9 CPU which can be in budget. I founded some with good deals. I have searched in some websites ans founded some and For comparison of old and new price i am getting in india including tax I am listing the price converted in dollars.

New Old diff save
  1. Ryzen 2700x. $260. $205. $55
  2. Ryzen 3600x $293. $246. $47
  3. Ryzen 3600xt. $304. $260. $44
4 Ryzen 3600. $232. $178. $54
5 Ryzen 3700x. $364. $300. $64
6 Ryzen 3800x. $395. $369. $26
  1. Ryzen 3880xt. $434. $380. $54
  2. ryzen 3900x. $533. $ 417. $116

The above old price is demanded prices it may be negotiable and may come down. As the sellers users claims that its 5-25 days to 6 months old and still under 2years warranty. As they are swelling to upgrade or urgent need of money. I am considering to get ryzen 3700x or 3800x or 3900x in price of Ryzen 3600x or 2700x ie. Within ($200-$270) but before negotiating some queries come in mind.

My queries question in mind

Q1. Is getting an old Used CPU is worth buying ( if price diff is $100 or more). Will it be safe and work fine.

Q2. Do there comes any difference while claiming warranting as old cpu usernor sellers are providing bill..is there any AMD website to check the product sold date and remaining warranty left in it.

Q3. Is there any software tools or windows commands (cpuz or hwinfo) through which I can check the old CPU installed, hours time days been used, throttled, overheated or error caused while using which can give details of parameters to check Mainly to crosscheck the users sellers words.

Q4. What parameters to crosscheck or consider before purchasing an OLD used CPU so that can confirm that the CPU is trouble free without problem.

Q5. For 4k 8k video editing as pugetsystem score shows that ryzen 7 3800xt outperforms ryzen 9 3900x in premier pro and after effects and in an anandtech benchmark blender and handbrake Ryzen 9 3900x is 5% to 8% more then ryzen 7 3800x. As ryzen 3900x and 3800x will give good discount deal .what's your opinion to be good CPU for video rendering.

Q5. The old prices as I checked is from and indian website for old second hand selling as I know alibaba aliexpress website but they charge huge more then item amount for shipping to India..can anyone recommend good website to search for old CPU GPU in india with less shipping charges.

In advance I thanks you in advance for your precious O advice

Solution

Q1. Is getting an old Used CPU is worth buying ( if price diff is $100 or more). Will it be safe and work fine.
It's going to be like anything you buy that's used: it depends entirely on how it was used. Buy from a trusted source who'll at least exchange it for another if it arrives DOA.​

Q2. Do there comes any difference while claiming warranting as old cpu usernor sellers are providing bill..is there any AMD website to check the product sold date and remaining warranty left in it.
AMD warranty is to the original purchaser. So if you get a used one, warranty is a consideration only if they include the receipt for the original purchase to present to AMD.​

Q3. Is...

It's going to be like anything you buy that's used: it depends entirely on how it was used. Buy from a trusted source who'll at least exchange it for another if it arrives DOA.​

AMD warranty is to the original purchaser. So if you get a used one, warranty is a consideration only if they include the receipt for the original purchase to present to AMD.​

Q3. Is there any software tools or windows commands (cpuz or hwinfo) through which I can check the old CPU installed, hours time days been used, throttled, overheated or error caused while using which can give details of parameters to check Mainly to crosscheck the users sellers words.

No.​

Q4. What parameters to crosscheck or consider before purchasing an OLD used CPU so that can confirm that the CPU is trouble free without problem.

None; and even if there were you'd be at the mercy of the seller to report them honestly. All you can do is rely on the seller's reputation to give refund on exchange in the case of a DOA. Once you have it in your hands you can set it up 'stock' in a supported system with latest BIOS, install an OS and run a stress test to see if it's not a degraded processor.​

Q5. For 4k 8k video editing as pugetsystem score shows that ryzen 7 3800xt outperforms ryzen 9 3900x in premier pro and after effects and in an anandtech benchmark blender and handbrake Ryzen 9 3900x is 5% to 8% more then ryzen 7 3800x. As ryzen 3900x and 3800x will give good discount deal .what's your opinion to be good CPU for video rendering.

3900X is hands down the superior performer for video rendering, and will be most consistently mainly because of it's core advantage. But a 3700X is going to be a great value and still perform well. So compare the difference in price to the difference in performance in those benchmarks and ask if it's worth it to you.​
If budget can be stretched to consider any of those processors, and your just stressing over which is the wise choice, you might look at it this way: let's say you use your system to make money and you're often under the gun to complete a rendering and get it your client to score a bonus. Then any performance margin at all becomes increasing invaluable regardless of the price margin.​
A 3900x would complete the kind of video rendering I do most often only a couple minutes faster than my 3700X. That makes the price margin pretty steep for a couple minutes, especially since it will just sit there until I get back to it.​
Q5. The old prices as I checked is from and indian website for old second hand selling as I know alibaba aliexpress website but they charge huge more then item amount for shipping to India..can anyone recommend good website to search for old CPU GPU in india with less shipping charges.

I'll leave that for others

Last edited:
Solution
Oct 26, 2020
A 3900x would complete the kind of video rendering I do most often only a couple minutes faster than my 3700X. That makes the price margin pretty steep for a couple minutes, especially since it will just sit there until I get back to it.
@drea.drechsler bro thanx a lot for your precious time advice opinion and fastest first reply...yes nic point to make of time matters to complete the work but I am novice in video editing rendering and I am building to five a try to learn and then take projects..as I am professional in DTP web designing and graphic designing now just intended to start in video editing rendering.

@drea.dechler bro as u commented on time its fine....but does CPU or GPU effects on quality of work in rendering like graphics resolution or any frame rate droppage while editing 4k 6k or 8k videos... In start I'll hardly practise on 720p or 1080p max but later what GPU CPU budgeted economical u recommend for a 4k 1080p work.
Is there any AMD website to check the CPU sold date and remaining warranty left in it....as bills or recipts sometimes are made duplicate or edited.

... does CPU or GPU effects on quality of work in rendering like graphics resolution or any frame rate droppage while editing 4k 6k or 8k videos... In start I'll hardly practise ...
GPU rendering of videos go much faster for me in Handbrake...but quality suffers too. I'm not sure if that's the case for all GPU rendering codecs though. I'm also not anything close to authority on it as I only do renderings for personal projects. Broadcast quality videos have higher standards so you should find some resources to learn about that.

Oct 26, 2020
None; and even if there were you'd be at the mercy of the seller to report them honestly. All you can do is rely on the seller's reputation to give refund on exchange in the case of a DOA. Once you have it in your hands you can set it up 'stock' in a supported system with latest BIOS, install an OS and run a stress test to see if it's not a degraded processo

@drea.drechler bro thanx for your advices opinion I found in Google some tools way for testing old CPU and. Giving my findings below if u can see and give your opinion

How can I find CPU installation date usage error history report can be finded through windows 10 events logs or command s or tool or 3rd party software's?

I want to find the *following Information for my pc * from windows events logs or windows commands from my pc events logs or registry. I have googled have finded certain ways commands different tools but I want a complete tool or software (like cpuz GPUz) which can pick and create a report all together. Is there any easiest way to find my PC and Ryzen CPU processors history.

Q1 Date and time of CPU installed

Findings 1. Device manager , you should see an entry like "ACPI X64-based PC". Double click that to open it's Properties, and click the Details tab. Click on Device Description and look for "First Install Date", and "Install Date". Click on those and check the date

In intel forum user Idata user replied says

https://community.intel.com/t5/Proc...mputer-s-CPU-install-Date-or-Time/td-p/520956

Start Control Panel, and then Device Manager. Open the "device tree" by double clicking on the first entry if it is not already open. Under Computer, , you should see an entry like "ACPI X64-based PC". Double click that to open it's Properties, and click the Details tab. Click on Device Description and look for "First Install Date", and "Install Date". Click on those and check the date. If the First Install date seems reasonable, such as about as old as the PC is, then write that date down, and you can continue. If Install Date is the same as First Install date, then the OS has not been reinstalled at on the PC. If Install date is later than First Install Date, the OS was reinstalled at least once, and your chances of checking if the CPU was replaced are less. If the two dates are the same, you have a better chance.

Q2 how to find history of CPU processor Usage

Findings 2 perfmon for windows server will it work In windows 10...as told that it's but configured to log does windows 10 have any default automatic log file for procesor usage

https://serverfault.com/questions/33776/get-a-history-of-cpu-memory-usage

Windows Performance Monitor (perfmon) should do the job for you; you can configure it to log to a file, so just enable the counters you need and it'll log as much as you want.
Start > Run > perfmon
Hit the plus sign next to Performance Logs and Alerts
Right click System Log and select properties.
Adjust the sampling times to whatever you like
When you are done, hit OK then the plus sign at the top of the window.
This page gives a pretty good step-by-step with screenshots

Q3. How many hours CPU used ie uptime (total hours data months years procesor used) of processor

Findings 3a it shows pc uptime through HDD or display but not processor uptime ( total hours data weeks months processor used)

https://superuser.com/questions/969587/how-many-hours-the-pc-has-worked
I have already found :

systeminfo | findstr /C:"Install Date"
systeminfo | findstr /C:"BIOS Version"

Findings 3b all finding shows the pc computer uptime through HDD or monitor used time but not processor used time

If you are useing a Windows machine uptime.exe will do what you want. Download it here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/232243

Drag the uptime exe into a cmd promt and use the /s. it will give results like this:

Since 6/29/2010:

System Availability: 56.4610%
Total Uptime: 16d 7h:18m:24s
Total Downtime: 12d 13h:44m:59s
Total Reboots: 14
Mean Time Between Reboots: 2.06 days
Total Bluescreens: 0

Q4. History of CPU used high CPU usage error of CPU failure of CPU blue screen or for CPU overheat

Findings 4 many ways to check CPU history

https://community.spiceworks.com/to...he-cpu-memory-usage-on-windows-2008-r2-64-bit

https://superuser.com/questions/609529/history-of-cpu-usage-for-all-processes

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69332/tracking-cpu-and-memory-usage-per-process

*Heating and temperature usage *

https://superuser.com/questions/102...sed-from-overheating-or-overheated-components

Can we collect a report that is which day time the event. I'd 6008 is been repeated and how many times

Event ID 6008 entries indicate that there was an unexpected shutdown. Critical thermal event indicates that the problem is related to one of your hardware components not functioning properly that is triggering the computer to shut down. Check if your CPU is overheating

Q5 can we check the health of CPU life of amd Ryzen CPU processor

Finding 5 : amd overdrive tool or intel processor diagnostic tools

*Try using AMD Overdrive *http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4645-amd-overdrive.html and built in benchmark and stability testing along with accurate temperature and other readings.

As For. Intel processor
https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/support/articles/000005567/processors.html

Q6. tools for CPU system information, CPU event log reporting, CPU temperature monitoring , CPU health testing life

Findings6

System information tools

1. Msinfo32
  2. Cpuz
  3. Speech
  4. Hwinfo
  5. Pc wizard
  6. Siftsoft sandra lite
  7. Winaudit
  8. Black box
  9. FleskNitter I do tool
  10. Smart system
  11. Rw everything

Amd processor information tools
Ryzen master tool monitoring overclocking

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

Event log analyzing managing tools

https://www.pcwdld.com/best-event-log-monitor-and-siem-tools

1. SolarWinds Event Log Consolidator / Manager (FREE TRIAL)
  2. Datadog Log Management (FREE TRIAL)
  3. Netwrix Event Log Manager
  4. Tripwire Log Center
  5. Quest InTrust Th
  6. Corner Bowl Server Manager
7 . LogRhythm
  1. Splunk
  2. WhatsUpGold Log Managemet tool
  3. Windows Event Log Analysis Tool | ManageEngine

Temperature monitoring tools

https://www.guru99.com/best-cpu-temperature-monitor.html

1. Hwinfo