Question Old SFF Dell 780 Case Customisation

Jan 26, 2020
I have alot of Dell Optiplex 780's SFF computers. Say 20 or so. Im planning on upgrading them all into gaming machines and selling them. What is my options for pc case customisation? ATM its just boring grey and they look ugly. I want them colourful, and light up with LED's.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
You can dress up and put makeup on a turd but it's still a turd regardless of what you do. :unsure:

LGA775 chipsets "Q9400, Q9555, Q9650" are the only CPU's of any relevance now.
235W SFF power supply "Expensive to upgrade"
Limited cooling
Limited GPU upgrade room

There is nothing about these that scream gaming PC's. Putting LED's on something that will struggle to play even moderate games is just like the statement I opened with.

Jan 26, 2020
You can dress up and put makeup on a turd but it's still a turd regardless of what you do. :unsure:

LGA775 chipsets "Q9400, Q9555, Q9650" are the only CPU's of any relevance now.
Limited cooling
Limited GPU upgrade room

There is nothing about these that scream gaming PC's. Putting LED's on something that will struggle to play even moderate games is just like the statement I opened with.
The models I have alow a full size sign fan gpu

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
The models I have alow a full size sign fan gpu

A 400W+ 3rd party SFF power supply will cost more than the entire system is worth so the GPU upgrades are really limited if your expecting to make a profit off of them. Reasonable the best you could hope for would be a used 750 TI or 1050 2gb because anything more than that probably won't even boot up the PC.

You are also greatly limited by the IPC of LGA 775 and the lack of overclocking which is a key factor in those Q9XXX chips.