Question old sony vaio wifi connection doesnt work

Erki11

Reputable
Apr 5, 2016
Hi my dad has old sony vaio laptop - Sony Vaio SVE151C11M, he uses it just for internet browsing. For some reason wifi stopped working, it shows all wifi around and connects without any problem but after it connects it says NO INTERNET, and it changes all the time for 5seconds it works for 30 seconds it doesnt. I have reinstalled it from win 7 64bit to win 10 32bit hoping it would help but still the same problem.

Ralston18

Titan
Double check that only the wireless network adapter is enabled on the laptop. The wired network adapter should be disabled.

Another thing you can do/try is to reinstall the drivers for the wireless network adapter. Download via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure as needed for your network.

Are you able to run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt?

Look in Reliability History for any network related error codes.

Erki11

Reputable
Apr 5, 2016
So, after checking:

1. seems like only wireless network adapter is enabled
  2. I didnt find any drivers :/
  3. I dont see any error after using ipconfig, I will upload photos

4. if I click repair on internet icon it says something like
  • problem with adapter for wireless connection or connection point
  • gate is not available

here are photos: View: https://imgur.com/a/igN2VYv

sorry they are not in english :D it is in slovak language but I have tried to translate it
also sorry for not using prntscreen but it was easier like this when internet doesnt work on that laptop