[SOLVED] Old SSD recovery

Sep 11, 2019
Hello,

I recently builded a new pc but i have an old ssd with a lot of important files + windows 7 + drivers installed in it. It was in use of an other pc which is no longer operating. I want to access this ssd and transfer the files into the new system.

This new PC has already windows 10 installed in it and here comes the question. Can i just plug in the old SSD (with windows installed) to my new system and access the files while i already have windows 10 at M.2 NVME on the machine that i'm curently working? (Way to much information i know :p)

Solution
Can i just plug in the old SSD (with windows installed) to my new system and access the files while i already have windows 10 at M.2 NVME on the machine that i'm curently working?

Yes that should work fine, just make sure the system knows that the M.2 NVMe is the primary boot drive by going into the BIOS after installing the old SSD.

WildCard999

Titan
So there won't be any issues with the OS or the drivers installed on this ssd as long as i have NVMe as a primary hard drive?
There shouldn't be any issues as your OS/drivers are on that primary M.2 drive.

Now if you were trying to boot off the old SSD then it would be problematic as you'd have conflicting drivers but since your booting off the primary drive and just accessing the files on the old SSD then you should be fine as I've done what your trying to do quite a few times.