Old system that died once with new GPU or new system?

lanceor

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
My PC got electrocuted last June 2016 due to electrical surge(electricity was unstable my AVR went haywire)
Corei7 3770k
Sapphire HD7870
MSI Z77 Bigbang
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb ddr3 1866
Seasonic X760 760w

I had it checked and my GPU and Motherboard both bit the dust strangely enough my PSU is still running fine then I bought an Asus H61m(I know its cheap but there are no LGA1155 left for my CPU) and it worked again, and I have been playing on the old PC from December to February with no issue.

I had to swap my old card HD7770 back temporarily and now I'm planning on buying a new GPU by next week as the 7770 cannot run games like R6 Siege, PUBG and other games at medium to high setting atleast 60fps

Should I buy a new GPU or an entirely new PC?

this is what I'm planning if i'm planning a new PC and I'm not totally sure which brand to get for the motherboard and GPU

G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8gb 2400 16gb CL15
Inte Corei5 7600k OR Corei7 7700k
Asus GTX1070 8gb dual oc OR Zotac GTX 1070 Mini Dual Fan 8gb
ATX Asus Prime H270 OR MATX Msi H270 Mortar Arctic

After what happened to my older PC should I get a new PSU even if my Seasonic is still working?

My old PCs were Corei7 920 and Corei7 3770k,
I'm using Adobe Premier, Aftereffect, Maya and CAD and play games would the 7700k be the better choice? I'm on budget but I can buy a 7700k on a later date though

I'm not buying everything in one go though, I'm gonna buy the GPU first and stick in to my current PC before thinking about upgrading so what do you guys think?

Solution

I have a GTX1080 from Zotac. Overall I'm very happy with it but I should note that I had to return the first card I received as it had an issue with the cooler and was overheating. The new card runs cool and quiet. The other thing to know about zotac is if you ever plan to custom water cool your PC stay away as nobody makes water blocks for them because Zotac sells the same card with a preinstalled block. On another note during my troubles I learned while talking to tech support that you can disassemble to cooler to apply your own thermal paste without voiding the warranty. I did this and gain 5C of temp headroom.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
if you have the money, buy the new pc, if you don't buy the gpu and plan to upgrade gradually, psu, gpu, and then ram mainboard and cpu

7700k might be replaced soon as the one to get from intel, so i would invest on a good gpu first and wait to see what ryzen makes intel offer or go for ryzen

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016

I have a GTX1080 from Zotac. Overall I'm very happy with it but I should note that I had to return the first card I received as it had an issue with the cooler and was overheating. The new card runs cool and quiet. The other thing to know about zotac is if you ever plan to custom water cool your PC stay away as nobody makes water blocks for them because Zotac sells the same card with a preinstalled block. On another note during my troubles I learned while talking to tech support that you can disassemble to cooler to apply your own thermal paste without voiding the warranty. I did this and gain 5C of temp headroom.

Solution