Question Old Thrustmaster force feedback wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pear78

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
So yesterday I managed to finally find drivers for this old beast, but I cant get it to work in Project cars. Yes the old project cars.
before I would buy the new version of the game, I wanted to see if I still would enjoy racing enough to spent money on it.
I bought this wheel 2nd hand, after having no success getting my even older generic china FFB wheel to work.

But I have had this wheel working in the game, Since than I upgraded my GPU, but rest of the system is about the same as back than.
But more importantly.. I forgot how I managed to get it working last time..
There are options for custom wheel setup, but the game doesnt seem to be picking up any signals from any input from the wheel.
Im getting rather frustrated having put in a good hour a day to get this working, over the last week-ish.
I tried looking for set up software, so I could check if the thing even still works, but didnt manage to find any.
anybody any tips/hints?
03e159ecf9dbf2270c5e9579fbf4161745499a5e

Pear78

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
thanks for your answer, but I dont seem to be getting any input in the game.. I tried setting up manual layout, but Im not seeing any thing picked up.
I was looking for test programmes, found DXtweak.. but that didnt pick up any controller.. just an error no controller found.
when I inserted the wheel in USB port, it did get recognised by windows.
So before spending 8 euro on a work around program on a wheel I bought for 15 euro, that might be just broken from collecting dust for too long.. and that I did get to work before.. I was hoping to find something in the free/ open source software corner, my budget is rather meager tbh :)

Pear78

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
still struggling, I know it is connected, because when I turn it on, I hear the "usb sound".. but if I try to detect it in game, nothing is there. Also RaceRoom racing experience doesnt detect it :( Am I missing a step somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.