Question Old win 7 with zero drivers installed. Need advice.

Jul 1, 2019
No ethernet driver. No usb driver. No cd/dvd drive. What to do?

Previously my win10 got that stupid data load bsod error. Followed a few retards giving advice and found out it deleted everything. So i reformatted my ssd and tried reinstalling from my backup thumbstick. Unfortunately did not realise its not win10 and instead its a crappy win7 with no drivers. So when im in desktop i cannot connect my thumbdrive, connect my phone, basically without drivers im screwed. I have no spare pc lying around to. Oh i dont have cd/dvd drive and whats the point if i cant get aio driver install.

Any advice?

This is my own theory: buy an internal cd/dvd drive. Buy windows 10 cd/dvd from authorised retailer. Will this work? Does it contain every necessary controllers?

I prefer any other alternative ideas you have.

This is what i see:
Ethernet controller
PCI memory controller
SM bus controller
Universal serial bus(usb) controller
All with warning signs on the left side.
Cant automatic search because no internet. No manual driver because i dont have one.

You could use a USB floppy disk drive on an Android phone, but would need a non-USB one on the PC because you have no USB driver. Ethernet drivers tend to be pretty small so fit on a floppy.

Or you could bring the HDD in a USB dock to the library or internet cafe and leave the drivers on the Public Desktop folder of the HDD

Most public computers aren't going to let you run programs like the Media Creation Tool so your best bet is to buy Windows 10 on a USB stick, as Windows 7 support is going away in 5 months.

Reactions: silas1994
Jul 1, 2019
You could use a USB floppy disk drive on an Android phone, but would need a non-USB one on the PC because you have no USB driver. Ethernet drivers tend to be pretty small so fit on a floppy.

Or you could bring the HDD in a USB dock to the library or internet cafe and leave the drivers on the Public Desktop folder of the HDD

Most public computers aren't going to let you run programs like the Media Creation Tool so your best bet is to buy Windows 10 on a USB stick, as Windows 7 support is going away in 5 months.

Knew it. Thanks anyway