[SOLVED] Older case with lga 1700 motherboard

Jul 19, 2021
Hello, I have a box that is now at its age: the cooler master silencio 652s

I would like to upgrade to the lga 1700 motherboards (12th gen Intel) and wanted to know if I would have any problems doing that? Will everything be compatible? Because there is no usb-c on the case or anything like that, it's usb 2.0 and 3.0 with even a port for SD cards and a CD reader.

I'm thinking of going with a GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS Elite DDR4, do you think it will be good?

Thank you for the time you will take to answer me and the interest you will have in my question!

Solution

I would like to upgrade to the lga 1700 motherboards (12th gen Intel) and wanted to know if I would have any problems doing that? Will everything be compatible? Because there is no usb-c on the case or anything like that, it's usb 2.0 and 3.0 with even a port for SD cards and a CD reader.

I'm thinking of going with a GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS Elite DDR4, do you think it will be good?

Thank you for the time you will take to answer me and the interest you will have in my question!
Yes everything should work, the board has 2x usb 2.0 and USB 3.2 not sure how the card reader is hooked up.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Yes everything should work, the board has 2x usb 2.0 and USB 3.2 not sure how the card reader is hooked up.

Solution