[SOLVED] Older Games and Modern Games

Apr 20, 2021
Hi Guys! I'm new to this kind of thing so bear with me. I've been having a PSU problem with my PC, it triggers power surges while I'm playing games (Dota 2) I know that the PSU is the problem because I've done tests and consulted a technician. Now I ordered a new one for replacement and while I'm waiting for it to arrive, I decided to try it with other "performance friendly" games like old once, I play Diablo 2 and Resident Evil 4, they don't trigger power surges unlike when I play Dota 2 or AC Valhalla which is very performance heavy. My question, is the game affects the voltages for this kinds of games, does heavy performance games stresses my PSU that much unlike the older games I play?

My PC specs:

Processor: Intel-Core i5-11600T
GPU: GTX 1080Ti
RAM: 8GB RAM Stick (1)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H61M-E

PS: I don't overclocked my system whatsoever, it is at default clock

Solution
"
does heavy performance games stresses my PSU that much unlike the older games I play?
"

Yes

Games that use a lot of resources use a lot of power from the PSU....and if the PSU is faulty...it can make it more likely the PSU acts up.
Apr 20, 2021
"
does heavy performance games stresses my PSU that much unlike the older games I play?
"

Yes

Games that use a lot of resources use a lot of power from the PSU....and if the PSU is faulty...it can make it more likely the PSU acts up.
Yes I can hear some weird noises from my PSU while I play heavy performance games then it triggers power surge after a while, when in RE4 I don't hear anything and the game goes smooth as butter. Anyway thank you kind sir for answering my question :)