Older Gaming System upgrade advice

ishricoter

Reputable
Feb 6, 2015
Hi all,

I have an older gaming system, specs listed below. I really only use it to play MMORPG game Star Wars The Old Republic. I am experiencing lag in certain situations - 8/16 man Ops and when lots of other players are around (i.e. the fleet). Specifically, the system will hang for a second or be choppy. It will also load other players/scenery slowly, but really only in OPS or the Fleet. I really do not want to build a new system, so I'm looking for a quick upgrade to give me a boost. Please let me know your thoughts.

MB: ZOTAC GF9300-I-E LGA 775
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 Processor 2.93 GHz 3 MB Cache Socket LGA775
RAM: 4 GB (PNY XLR8 MD4096KD2-800-X4 DDR2 800 MHz )
HDD: 1 TB Western Digital Black
VIDEO CARD: EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC 896MB DDR3 448 bit PCI-E 2.0

Thanks for your advice!

Solution
I think its mostly down to the amount of RAM required. More players eats more RAM. Could also be gfx card, since it has to render more. And also Vram usage can go up.

You could monitor Vram (gfx card memory/video memory) usage and see if the hiccups happen when Vram is full. Or if its when RAM is full.

MSI afterburner + HWinfo can show you both.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
I think its mostly down to the amount of RAM required. More players eats more RAM. Could also be gfx card, since it has to render more. And also Vram usage can go up.

You could monitor Vram (gfx card memory/video memory) usage and see if the hiccups happen when Vram is full. Or if its when RAM is full.

MSI afterburner + HWinfo can show you both.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS