Question Older PC Constantly crashing with black and white vertical lines??

Feb 27, 2022
I recently decided to try and get my old PC running and for some reason it keeps crashing. There is no reason I can pin down as to why I have been doing random updates/tasks and the screen with go to this vertical line screen and stay frozen until I reboot. I tried to reformat my ssd and reinstall windows this required me to reinstall graphics drivers that said they were up to date when I finished. Now I’m sure my pc is just out of date but I figured it might still run for longer than 10 minutes. Is there anything anyone knows that might help?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information from your end. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Feb 27, 2022
My specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-H
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport (2x4GB Kit) DDR3 1600MHz
SSD/HDD: KINGSTON SV300S37A120G (SSD) Was running both 1TB WD HDD and SSD but this seemed to cause crashes faster/more consistently
GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R7 250X OC 2GB GDDR5
PSU: EVGA 500 W White PSU
Chassis: Enermax Thorex Case ECA3321B-BT-U2
Monitor: Asus 1920x1080 normal monitor

Now I did some more testing between this last post and I ran FurMark for about 30min my GPU maxed at about 78 degrees celsius but honestly ran this just fine with me still looking at other solutions at the same time. I also ran Memtest with no errors found.. I also tried using AMD utility cleaner and completely wiping all drivers from my PC and reinstalling fresh. It seems to be running better but honestly crashes so randomly I cannot seem to pinpoint what the issue is. I will include a picture of what the screen looks like when it freezes so you can see for yourself.

Link to what screen does: View: https://imgur.com/a/LrqgEFF

InvalidError

Titan
EVGA 80 white PSUs are near the bottom of the PSU quality ladder, especially once you put a few years worth of wear on them. I would start with getting a better quality replacement as poor quality power can cause all sorts of issues including premature failure of other hardware.