Older Sony with...nonstandard VESA mounting??

808dude

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
I was given an older Sony entertainment monitor in good shape, and on the strength of a Sony download specific to that model that called out the VESA mounting as simply 200mm x 200mm, I ordered a swivel-mount from a third party.

After HOURS of screwing around with that mount today, I ultimately gave up. Seems my Sony is some "off" VESA standard - rectangular hole pattern comes out to about 210mm tall x 310mm wide, and dims are no cleaner if measured in inches. The standard of 200mm x 300mm definitely won't fit it without some ugly bracket mods.

Were there other mounting dimensions used in older models or something like that? I'm trying to figure out what kind of mount I should even hope to use with this (and not the OEM fixed rack deal...)

808dude

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010

It's a KDL-46V2500, which easily googles up as this pdf:
http:// (that's where I took assurance that it would be a 200x200 mounting standard, but nope, it's not). That same pdf says it's 70.55lbs with pedestal, but wow, it sure feels heavier than that. Maybe that's just me needing calibration, but there's no question the mounting-hole pattern is weird...even the screw size is wrong: pdf says it's M6, and in fact, it's M5.

Some months back I ordered http:// (wall mount) for it - and just now getting around to mounting it. That mount accommodates many standard VESA mounting configs, and I tried several, but the closest it can get is about two screw-hole-diameters off, even with all components loose so as to help it align, using whatever slop is built in to the bracket. (Also seems like it would tear itself off or bend when extended away from the most rigid wall, but that's another issue!)

I have an email inquiry in to Sony to ask them about this but I will be surprised if I hear anything back at all, let alone anything of use - and after getting it for nearly nothing, I don't have valid license to get as righteously indignant about it as if I'd bought it at full retail ten years ago, but still...WTF?

Seems like I'm going to have to fabricate something for this, which would be absurd.