OLEAUT32.DLL - Error Starting Program message

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Hello...

I've been getting a message on my system lately which says "The OLEAUT32.DLL
file cannot start. Please check the file....

Because of this situation, some programs won't start at all, and when I log
on to the web and click on IE, all I get is a blank screen. Now, I do admit
that I've been downloading and uninstalling demo software lately, but need a
fix for this until I'm able to get a better system for home. Is there a
download I can obtain via floppy or CD-ROM for this? Please let me know
ASAP. Thanks!
--
T. Davis
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

> Because of this situation, some programs won't start at all, and when I
log
> on to the web and click on IE, all I get is a blank screen. Now, I do
admit
> that I've been downloading and uninstalling demo software lately, but need
a
> fix for this until I'm able to get a better system for home. Is there a
> download I can obtain via floppy or CD-ROM for this? Please let me know
> ASAP. Thanks!

Sounds like one of the uninstallers removed it.

You can download it here I think:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?oleaut32
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Thanks! I'll let you know how things go. Any other final instructions?
--
T. Davis


"jkb" wrote:

> > Because of this situation, some programs won't start at all, and when I
> log
> > on to the web and click on IE, all I get is a blank screen. Now, I do
> admit
> > that I've been downloading and uninstalling demo software lately, but need
> a
> > fix for this until I'm able to get a better system for home. Is there a
> > download I can obtain via floppy or CD-ROM for this? Please let me know
> > ASAP. Thanks!
>
> Sounds like one of the uninstallers removed it.
>
> You can download it here I think:
> http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?oleaut32
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

> Thanks! I'll let you know how things go. Any other final instructions?

Yes! Put it in C:\Windows\System. Unless Windows is in another folder. Hope
it works.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Is that the *exact* error message?

See these archived posts about the problem for some suggestions:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion/search?q=OLEAUT32.DLL+%2B+start&start=0&scoring=d&hl=en
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP

Terry Davis wrote:
> Hello...
>
> I've been getting a message on my system lately which says "The
> OLEAUT32.DLL file cannot start. Please check the file....
>
> Because of this situation, some programs won't start at all, and when I
> log on to the web and click on IE, all I get is a blank screen. Now, I
> do admit that I've been downloading and uninstalling demo software
> lately, but need a fix for this until I'm able to get a better system for
> home. Is there a download I can obtain via floppy or CD-ROM for this?
> Please let me know ASAP. Thanks!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Follow the procedure in Method 3, here:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836929#XSLTH3133121123120121120120
to backup the named files and then run the mcrepair.exe tool. Be sure to read the
instructions for restoring the backups you made, in case it makes more trouble
instead of fixing them.

Post back with your results.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm


"Terry Davis" <TerryDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7F2E9630-4D49-4767-8E57-F11A05400E43@microsoft.com...
> Hello...
>
> I've been getting a message on my system lately which says "The OLEAUT32.DLL
> file cannot start. Please check the file....
>
> Because of this situation, some programs won't start at all, and when I log
> on to the web and click on IE, all I get is a blank screen. Now, I do admit
> that I've been downloading and uninstalling demo software lately, but need a
> fix for this until I'm able to get a better system for home. Is there a
> download I can obtain via floppy or CD-ROM for this? Please let me know
> ASAP. Thanks!
> --
> T. Davis
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Hey, I left the computer I was on befroe getting your last message. I did
try to install the file. Since it was a zip file, I had to unzipit, but then
my unzip rogram wouldn't start due to the Oleau32.dll problem. I wrote down
your message and will try again. thanks!
--
T. Davis


"jkb" wrote:

> > Because of this situation, some programs won't start at all, and when I
> log
> > on to the web and click on IE, all I get is a blank screen. Now, I do
> admit
> > that I've been downloading and uninstalling demo software lately, but need
> a
> > fix for this until I'm able to get a better system for home. Is there a
> > download I can obtain via floppy or CD-ROM for this? Please let me know
> > ASAP. Thanks!
>
> Sounds like one of the uninstallers removed it.
>
> You can download it here I think:
> http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?oleaut32
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

> Hey, I left the computer I was on befroe getting your last message. I did
> try to install the file. Since it was a zip file, I had to unzipit, but
then
> my unzip rogram wouldn't start due to the Oleau32.dll problem. I wrote
down
> your message and will try again. thanks!

If your unzipper can't start - I can give you a link to that actual file(not
in a zip).
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Ok, send it on... Thanks!
--
T. Davis


"jkb" wrote:

> > Hey, I left the computer I was on befroe getting your last message. I did
> > try to install the file. Since it was a zip file, I had to unzipit, but
> then
> > my unzip rogram wouldn't start due to the Oleau32.dll problem. I wrote
> down
> > your message and will try again. thanks!
>
> If your unzipper can't start - I can give you a link to that actual file(not
> in a zip).
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

> Ok, send it on... Thanks!

http://www.jomitech.com/jkb/oleaut32.dll. Hope it works!
 

TRENDING THREADS