Omega Race at Yard Sale

Went yard saling and found an Omega Race there for $50. Game doesn't
work and every metal part on it is rusted. Spinner still spins
though.... :) Cab is in really nice shape though....not sure if i want
to get it.

Mike
--
http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

I'm not good at fixing games, making them look good i can do, but
fixing problems is another story. Might see if i can get it for $20.

If it was the cocktail version I'd jump on it. Thats the best version,
the best way to play OR in my opinion :) And you just know there's
plenty of help here getting it working :)

DarkMagister wrote:
> Went yard saling and found an Omega Race there for $50. Game doesn't
> work and every metal part on it is rusted. Spinner still spins
> though.... :) Cab is in really nice shape though....not sure if i want
> to get it.
>
> Mike
> --
> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Where at in Michigan, I might be tempted to offer them $25?

-Tim

i'm in MI, let me know if you don't want it!

Don't tell him that, he won't want to give out the location.

But if that's the case, I have one and in the process of getting 3 more
for cheap. I should get some monitors up and going and for sale.

-Tim

Grab it!! Where is it at?

"DarkMagister" <shadowspawn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> Went yard saling and found an Omega Race there for $50. Game doesn't
> work and every metal part on it is rusted. Spinner still spins
> though.... :) Cab is in really nice shape though....not sure if i want
> to get it.
>
> Mike
> --
> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

Lol....well if that isn't a kick in the nuts with that CPO. Probably
never see another one on ebay....lol. Thanks guys, never thought
something like that would come my way. Never was a big fan of the
game, but ya can't be picky getting it for that price. Hopefully its
something simple...I hope. Might see about sending the boards to
someone that has the game to rule out whether or not they are the
reason it doesn't work. But for right now, its the fun part of
cleaning it up. Been in a garage for 10 years, so its quite dusty.
I'll keep ya all posted on this soon to be interesting project.... :)

Mike
--
http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

the damn monitor is worth $250 or so when you fix it and they are usually
easy fixes

--
Art
"DarkMagister" <shadowspawn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> Went yard saling and found an Omega Race there for $50. Game doesn't
> work and every metal part on it is rusted. Spinner still spins
> though.... :) Cab is in really nice shape though....not sure if i want
> to get it.
>
> Mike
> --
> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

You might be surprised, I have seen quite a few NOS Omega Race upright CPO's
on Ebay within the past year or so. There have probably been at least 4 or 5
on Ebay including that one that recently sold. So, you might want to keep
your eyes peeled for omega race CPO's. Just like that CPO they dont sell for
that much either. Ive also seen a few nice complete control panels on Ebay
with nice overlays that didnt sell for that much, not more than $15-25 bucks
or so.

Also, Omega Race is a hell of a game and one that is highly underatted. I
didnt realize how much I enjoyed playing it until my brother picked one up a
while ago, I had played it back in the day but I basically forgot all about
it. It is definatly one of my favorite vector games and in my top 5 vectors
of all time. It can be an intense and fun game. The cool flourescent artwork
just adds to the game, it has some of the coolest looking backdrop artwork
of any game out there.

Ken.

> Lol....well if that isn't a kick in the nuts with that CPO. Probably
> never see another one on ebay....lol. Thanks guys, never thought
> something like that would come my way. Never was a big fan of the
> game, but ya can't be picky getting it for that price. Hopefully its
> something simple...I hope. Might see about sending the boards to
> someone that has the game to rule out whether or not they are the
> reason it doesn't work. But for right now, its the fun part of
> cleaning it up. Been in a garage for 10 years, so its quite dusty.
> I'll keep ya all posted on this soon to be interesting project.... :)
>

> Mike
> --
> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

Alex Yeckley @ Elektronforge.com will be able to get the boards running
if they are broken..

AF

Alex Yeckley @ Elektronforge.com will be able to get the boards running
if they are broken..

AF

Nah, the eBay value for a nice no screen burn 802 just fell to about
$180.

Mike

Art Mallet - Artfromny - formerly A218@aol.com wrote:
> the damn monitor is worth $250 or so when you fix it and they are usually
> easy fixes
>
> --
> Art
> "DarkMagister" <shadowspawn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> > Went yard saling and found an Omega Race there for $50. Game doesn't
> > work and every metal part on it is rusted. Spinner still spins
> > though.... :) Cab is in really nice shape though....not sure if i want
> > to get it.
> >
> > Mike
> > --
> > http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

I certainly is a great game I just picked an upright up that was dead but
they are very easy to fix as the diagnostics are good and the monitors are
very simple. Great game play and extremely underrated!
I think it will one of those games that people say " If only I had bought
one when the prices were low!"
"Ken Adkins" <highoctanegamer@comcast.net> wrote in message
> You might be surprised, I have seen quite a few NOS Omega Race upright
> CPO's
> on Ebay within the past year or so. There have probably been at least 4 or
> 5
> on Ebay including that one that recently sold. So, you might want to keep
> your eyes peeled for omega race CPO's. Just like that CPO they dont sell
> for
> that much either. Ive also seen a few nice complete control panels on Ebay
> with nice overlays that didnt sell for that much, not more than $15-25
> bucks
> or so.
>
> Also, Omega Race is a hell of a game and one that is highly underatted. I
> didnt realize how much I enjoyed playing it until my brother picked one up
> while ago, I had played it back in the day but I basically forgot all
> about
> it. It is definatly one of my favorite vector games and in my top 5
> vectors
> of all time. It can be an intense and fun game. The cool flourescent
> artwork
> just adds to the game, it has some of the coolest looking backdrop artwork
> of any game out there.
>
> Ken.
>

> "DarkMagister" <shadowspawn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>> Lol....well if that isn't a kick in the nuts with that CPO. Probably
>> never see another one on ebay....lol. Thanks guys, never thought
>> something like that would come my way. Never was a big fan of the
>> game, but ya can't be picky getting it for that price. Hopefully its
>> something simple...I hope. Might see about sending the boards to
>> someone that has the game to rule out whether or not they are the
>> reason it doesn't work. But for right now, its the fun part of
>> cleaning it up. Been in a garage for 10 years, so its quite dusty.
>> I'll keep ya all posted on this soon to be interesting project.... :)
>>

>> Mike
>> --
>> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

Its only a matter of time before these become practically impossible to
get.(10-20 years)

The real question will be, will there be a suitable replacement by
then? or anything 90 to 99% as good?

-isaac

AubHtr@aol.com wrote:
> Nah, the eBay value for a nice no screen burn 802 just fell to about
> $180.
>
> Mike
>

> Art Mallet - Artfromny - formerly A218@aol.com wrote:
> > the damn monitor is worth $250 or so when you fix it and they are usually
> > easy fixes
> >
> > --
> > Art
> > "DarkMagister" <shadowspawn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> > > Went yard saling and found an Omega Race there for $50. Game doesn't
> > > work and every metal part on it is rusted. Spinner still spins
> > > though.... :) Cab is in really nice shape though....not sure if i want
> > > to get it.
> > >
> > > Mike
> > > --
> > > http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

In 10-20 years, no one will be looking for one.

"Vizilla" <izwalker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Its only a matter of time before these become practically impossible to
> get.(10-20 years)
>
> The real question will be, will there be a suitable replacement by
> then? or anything 90 to 99% as good?
>
> -isaac
>
> AubHtr@aol.com wrote:
>> Nah, the eBay value for a nice no screen burn 802 just fell to about
>> $180.
>>
>> Mike
>>

>> Art Mallet - Artfromny - formerly A218@aol.com wrote:
>> > the damn monitor is worth $250 or so when you fix it and they are
>> > usually
>> > easy fixes
>> >
>> > --
>> > Art
>> > "DarkMagister" <shadowspawn@chartermi.net> wrote in message

If i could give you a pic i would have on the first day. But I don't
own a digital camera, and none of my friends do either. Wish I did
though, would like to take some for you guys. So the best i can do is
tell ya about it. Marquee is in great shape, as is the Grill below it.
The plexi panel under the control panel is in great shape, except for
the typical scratches. The artwork on the glass is nice, some flaking
but nothing big. Sides are in nice shape, cabinet has no chunks
missing, just small dents on the edges. Sideart is cracked all over
but it is all there. All 3 boards look to be in really good shape no
acid damage or anything like that. All the cardboard artwork on the
inside is all there. None of it is ripped or missing. Only thing it
needs is a nice CPO, or a better Control Panel altogether. Only thing
that was wrong with be besides the fact it doesn't work right now, is
that it was very dirty when i first looked at it. But after spending
the day cleaning it up and cleaning the 2 inches of dust the monitor,
its looking nice. If it looked this good the the yard sale, i would
have had no problem paying the $50 for it. I will see what i can do
about a pic though.

Mike
--
http://freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

Enough talk... let's see a picture of this $50 find before restoration!

"DarkMagister" <shadowspawn@chartermi.net> wrote in message

> I'll keep ya all posted on this soon to be interesting project.... :)

I will give the boards a better look this week, but from what i saw
over the weekend, the boards are looking pretty good. Plus I will see
if a friend has a camera so i can get pics taken just to make some of
ya happy.

Mike
--
http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

> Alex Yeckley @ Elektronforge.com will be able to get the boards running
> if they are broken..

True - assuming the battery hasn't eaten away the entire corner of
the board :)

Alex
----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com

> In 10-20 years, no one will be looking for one.

I often wonder about that. Does anyone under the age of 60
still collect Model T Fords?

Alex
----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com

Actually, yeah! Pete Fordahl out in Brentwood restored a T model truck
and he's only 40 now :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com

> Actually, yeah! Pete Fordahl out in Brentwood restored a T model truck
> and he's only 40 now :)
>
> Alex Yeckley wrote:
> >>In 10-20 years, no one will be looking for one.

Then we don't have to worry! Our children will be happy to inherit our
collections when we die :)

Alex
----