Omen 15 1650TI with 9th Gen i7 storage upgrade

Drewfam

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
As the title says i have a HP Omen 15 inch with 1650 TI and a 9th Gen i7. I know I can upgrade my storage options but theres so many different omens. I want to get another hard drive but how do i tell whether it needs to be a Sata drive or the other Nvm2 or something like that? i know that last one isnt quite right i just cant think of what its called. But i dont know how to check which one i need to get.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
As the title says i have a HP Omen 15 inch with 1650 TI and a 9th Gen i7. I know I can upgrade my storage options but theres so many different omens. I want to get another hard drive but how do i tell whether it needs to be a Sata drive or the other Nvm2 or something like that? i know that last one isnt quite right i just cant think of what its called. But i dont know how to check which one i need to get.

You should be able to find a "system configuration", a product/service code, or something that can narrow this down for us.

Largely I suggest doing a search for "change drive in X model laptop" and it will show a video if it's something commonly done, or even possible. Many of the new laptops are getting wonky about changing the as built configuration. There was a time they put access doors on them for things like this. /old

TRENDING THREADS