omen 15 with 1660 ti and i7 is there a worthy upgrade?

Drewfam

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
I want to upgrade my laptop and im just so overloaded with all the choices and what to choose and what is a actual upgrade and worthwhile investment. i would like to keep it around 1500 and preferably buy from Amazon. If anyone can help me with what graphics card i should be shooting for. is a 2060 even a upgrade from where i am now?

You cannot change the GPU in that Omen 15 without changing the motherboard and the cooling subsystem. So you cannot upgrade the GPU. That laptop was made to use a 1660TI and nothing else.

The CPU, RAM and the drive is what you can normally upgrade in a laptop. Not always with the CPU if it's soldered on the board.

Drewfam

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
You cannot change the GPU in that Omen 15 without changing the motherboard and the cooling subsystem. So you cannot upgrade the GPU. That laptop was made to use a 1660TI and nothing else.

The CPU, RAM and the drive is what you can normally upgrade in a laptop. Not always with the CPU if it's soldered on the board.
apologies i should have been more clear.. im looking to buy a whole new laptop i know you cant swap out cpu and gpu i just dont know what is worthwhile upgrade in the 1500 price range. like i see lots of 2060/2070 even some 3060 but is it really a big upgrade and worth spending 1500 bucks? because if its only going to be like a 10-15% increase that really doesnt seem worth it to me. also i dont need 4k gaming or anything like that i do prefer a fast refresh rate my current is 144.

Last edited: