[SOLVED] OMEN 17 Keyboard Deteriorating

justinlawmen

Commendable
May 25, 2018
This is one of the most frustrating issues I've ever had with any laptop.

I use my laptop for office tasks, gaming, and light creation.

The buttons on the OMEN keyboard simply stop working one by one, like it's dying slowly.

For example, the "v" button starts lagging before it dies completely. Few months later, the exact thing happens to the "g" button. I had to remap my keyboard and adjust my printing layout so many times now. I use the numbers and the macro buttons as substitutes for the broken buttons. Around 10-15 buttons have stopped working right now in less than a year.

Basically, what I have now is a very well-preforming machine that I can't use for gaming since half the buttons don't work and typing is a major hassle. It's such a frustrating thing!!!

It seems that the OMEN keyboards are not made for typing at all. I understand that those are mainly gaming laptops, but you'd expect that they cover something as basic as typing.

1- I never had anything spilled on them. It doesn't seem to be a dust problem. I tried taking a button off and clean it but that didn't help. They just die on their own.
2- Sadly, this seems to be a common hardware problem. I had it less than a year after my purchase, but I immediately used the warranty to get a new keyboard after one or two buttons stopped working. However, the exact same problem surfaced and the warranty expired, but the bigger problem is that I moved to a different country, Turkey, and there doesn't seem to be OMEN support here. Everywhere I ask they are telling they have to import a keyboard, which is difficult due to the coronavirus situation. And I am afraid I will always have to replace my keyboard every 3-5 months, which is not ideal at all.
3- This is my primary machine, I use it for literally everything. It's hard to replace it. I could send for another keyboard but that will probably take months, and I really don't have that much time.

I was hoping if someone have had faced this problem before, and if they were able to solve it on their own. Or any suggestions at all.

TRENDING THREADS