Question Omen 30l liquid cooling

Dec 28, 2022
Hello, I have an OMEN30L, and it does have air cooling, I bought a cooler master liquid cooler, and when I wanted to install something weird happened. When I want to pull out the original air cooler, and replace it with a liquid cooler, are 2 wires connected to the air cooler, one to the motherboard and a strange wire that goes somewhere under the motherboard(it doesn't feel connected to anything). I don't want to pull out the motherboard because is a pain in the ass. Can I cut it? Is it safe? I thought it my be connected to the wireless antenna but I'm not sure. I mean, if I replace it, I really don't need it anymore, but I don't want to cut something that might have been important.
Thanks

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
and a strange wire that goes somewhere under the motherboard

1st time i hear such a wire. Then again, you have HP prebuilt and there very well could be some unique wiring going on with it, for it's normal operation.

I don't want to pull out the motherboard because is a pain in the ass.

To find out where that wire goes, this would be only option. At the back side of the MoBo, there could be a plug where it connects to.

So, if you can't be bothered to do it properly, and you cut the wire, which leads your PC not working right, look into mirror and pray that HP support is willing to help you out.