[SOLVED] Omen 30L PSU Fan Clicking Noise

Jan 4, 2021
I bought an Omen 30L a few weeks ago and the fan in the Cooler Master Bronze 500 PSU makes an annoying clicking noise when it turns on/off (sometimes it turns on/off constantly). Is there a way to make the fan run continuously to stop the clicking? If not, can the fan in the PSU be replaced, or would it just be better to get a different PSU? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The fan in the PSU will only kick in when it's necessary. If the fans clicking is akin to what you might find with coil whine, you might want to bring HP into the loop about the noise since that can be a potential failure point. Also, some designs rely upon a relay to switch the fan on or off, which is what you're hearing. Some other PSU's have better quality innards which is why you can't hear them when the turn on or off.

Replacing the fan on the PSU or the PSU itself would void the unit's/system's warranty which is why I asked that you contact HP.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The fan in the PSU will only kick in when it's necessary. If the fans clicking is akin to what you might find with coil whine, you might want to bring HP into the loop about the noise since that can be a potential failure point. Also, some designs rely upon a relay to switch the fan on or off, which is what you're hearing. Some other PSU's have better quality innards which is why you can't hear them when the turn on or off.

Replacing the fan on the PSU or the PSU itself would void the unit's/system's warranty which is why I asked that you contact HP.

Solution

Latest posts