Question OMEN 45L FOR PRO AUDIO AND VIDEO RENDERING AND EDITING.

Jul 8, 2023

Hello everyone one, I'm a newbie here so please go easy on me.
Ok I'm looking to use the above link system for Pro audio music production and video rendering. I currently got an old Alienware area 51 using one of thePCI slot with a Texas instrument PCI card plugged into the slot. Alienware is 8yrs old now I would fall shot when it comes to video rendering and editing.

I'ts now time to upgrade to something more powerful. Would the Omen 45L maxed out be a good config for the job?. I've read a few articles which suggest not to use high powered graphics when building a pro audio production pc... is this true? Seems to cause spikes and bad audio performance.

Any advice welcome
Thanks
IAN

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
Do you use a DAW?
https://producelikeapro.com/blog/best-daws-for-windows-operating-systems/

Do you intend to transfer the TI card over to the new build? What is the spec of this card? You won't find any old fashioned PCI slots in a modern mobo but if the card is PCIe you should be OK.

What video editing software do you use?

A fast GPU is needed for most video rendering apps. A high quality Tier A PSU should meet the current spike demands of most mid-range GPUs and avoid potential EMI problems in audio production.

You'd need expert advice if you upgrade to 4080 and especially a 4090 GPU.

Do your audio programs make significant use of a GPU. If not, the GPU will not pull enormous current spikes if it's simply idling.

Reactions: Nativebon
Jul 8, 2023
Do you use a DAW?
https://producelikeapro.com/blog/best-daws-for-windows-operating-systems/

Do you intend to transfer the TI card over to the new build? What is the spec of this card? You won't find any old fashioned PCI slots in a modern mobo but if the card is PCIe you should be OK.

What video editing software do you use?

A fast GPU is needed for most video rendering apps. A high quality Tier A PSU should meet the current spike demands of most mid-range GPUs and avoid potential EMI problems in audio production.

You'd need expert advice if you upgrade to 4080 and especially a 4090 GPU.

Do your audio programs make significant use of a GPU. If not, the GPU will not pull enormous current spikes if it's simply idling.
Hello,
thanks for the reply.
I may not need the TI card if I get the performance I need using USB port. I'm not really sure what the spec of the card is. Yes I do need the 4090 GPU for video rendering. I'm looking to use Adobe premiere and Blender.

As per music production I use : Cubase, Studio one , Reason and Native instruments. The audio programs do not make significant use of a GPU.

I've read in some articles people having problems with Nvidia GPU's and drivers causing problems with Pro music production, hence the original post.
Thanks