Upgrade or leave it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 21, 2019
Hello,
I recently purchased an hp omen you can only find it online at best buy for the specs at
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-obelisk-by-hp-desktop-intel-core-i7-9700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-1tb-hard-drive-256gb-ssd-shadow-black-front-bezel-dark-chrome-logo/6349466.p?skuId=6349466&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=547&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsd_psLiV5AIVCo7ICh0esgT3EAQYASABEgIt__D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Anyways i purchased this computer to get into building, I have built in the past but it was 10 years ago and I was 13 the last time. I know i have made some bad financial decisions the way i have gone about it but i want to basically rebuild the components to fit an atx case with the asus maximus xi hero and the components that come with it. I am wondering what kind of obstacles i would face to switch motherboards. Any help would be great thank you!

Hi Jordan, I'm sorry but it's not very clear for me. Can you let me know if I got this right?

You've bought a fully built PC (the HP Omen) and would like to replace the stock motherboard with a Maximus XI Hero motherboard?

Aug 17, 2019
Not likely if it is a HP build... Their PCs usually use components that are non-standard , e.g. the power supply is not a standard type of design and only fits in HP cases. I could be wrong with the Omen, I know it uses common hard drives and video cards but I suspect the mobo may not have standard mounting holes...

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts