[SOLVED] Omen Obelisk

Aug 21, 2019
Hello,
I recently purchased an hp omen you can only find it online at best buy for the specs at
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-ome...VCo7ICh0esgT3EAQYASABEgIt__D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Anyways i purchased this computer to get into building, I have built in the past but it was 10 years ago and I was 13 the last time. I know i have made some bad financial decisions the way i have gone about it but i want to basically rebuild the components to fit an atx case with the asus maximus xi hero and the components that come with it. I am wondering what kind of obstacles i would face to switch motherboards. Any help would be great thank you!

Solution
Not likely if it is a HP build... Their PCs usually use components that are non-standard , e.g. the power supply is not a standard type of design and only fits in HP cases. I could be wrong with the Omen, I know it uses common hard drives and video cards but I suspect the mobo may not have standard mounting holes...

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Not likely if it is a HP build... Their PCs usually use components that are non-standard , e.g. the power supply is not a standard type of design and only fits in HP cases. I could be wrong with the Omen, I know it uses common hard drives and video cards but I suspect the mobo may not have standard mounting holes...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS