OMG...glad I like my CRT

twinux

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2001
Buying a monitor is sure not as interesting and fun as buying a cpu/motherboard or a graphics card. I began to doze off reading that CRT article. lol. I say screw it...when it comes time to buy a new monitor I am going to read the reviews and trust the reviewers lol. Don't get me wrong I love learning new technologies and researching different products but give me a break!! I'll pick up a copy of PC world...flip to the top ten monitor section...and say eenee meenee miinee MOE!!!!

Anyone agree/disagree?

In war the idea is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his.

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well... if you pick a good monitor, you're gonna love your computer more :)

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

twinux

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2001
Ya but if I let someone else pick a good monitor I'll like my computer more too....and I dont have to know every unit of measurement used to rate a monitor.

In war the idea is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his.

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
for recreational use, no you don't have to go through and spend hours researching monitors. but ask anyone that's using them for 8+ hours a day and the monitor is a life saver, well an eye saver.

[insert philosophical statement here]

reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
hey flamethrower, you say you like studying crt's? well i want to buy a 19" flat screen crt and have asked peoples opinions before and they all say they recomend this brand or that brand(usually because they already own it). but i want a thought out opinion based on someone who has reasonably looked at all the sides. have you done this? and if so, what is your conclusion?

repeat after me, we are all individuals!