OMG!!! Intel/ATi vs. AMD/Nvidia

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well i found out ATi has a p4 chipset coming with onboard video "could you say the i810 for the p4". Well nvidia has a chipset for the athlon with onboard video "More for highend cost $$$". Interesting facts for you people to talk about.

Nice Intel users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The plot thickens!

It will be interesting to see what ATI can do for the P4.
In my eyes I think both pairings are good. ATI may be able to add a bit more dexterity to the P4 memory architechure. It's already got the brute force.

And the opposite goes for NVidia and AMD. NVidia should provide the brute force needed for AMD with its dual channel configuration.

<font color=blue>Elephants are the only animals that can't jump. Just as well!</font color=blue>

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Good point... Maybe ATi can use that 400mhz neoburst bus into there Radeon2 or radeon3. ATi does have 8x agp technology in there p4 chipset.

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It would be extremely short sited of them not to. After all they are aiming at the high end market, as I can only imagine the boards will be expensive when they come out. Anybody who buys them is going to be "in the know" and will want the option to upgrade there graphics card. The question is will they limit the use of only there card.

I.e. pairing an ATI card with the ATI chipset and the same with NVidia.

If you think about it it would be one way that both comanies could lessen the threat from the Kyro2.

ATI and NVidia primarily make Video cards so you would expect them to leave the option open for customers to add a card to their board producing yet more income.

<font color=blue>Elephants are the only animals that can't jump. Just as well!</font color=blue>

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
just for spite I oughta buy the nVidia chipset & 1.5 A4 and run a Radeon AIW... lol

----------------------
Independant thought is good.
It won't hurt for long.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well it will be good for everyone. Finally onboard video from nvidia and ati able to play quake3 @ 1028x768-32bit at 30fps. The world will be alot safe.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
ATi AIW is one hell of a card. Its really not meant for games and benchmarks. More to the big Video Buff's out there MPEG2 & AVI.

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Are you sure that intel will make team with ATI.Good for INTEL and bad thing for nvidia who get the tiny AMD.That good if ATI get get the adventage of the rambus 400/460 and the future 532/600 (the second was the overclock version) and the new architecture and have fully optimase driver and chip for P4.That will be a boost for them. But i can say much for Nvidia/AMD. For now AMD must replace is old thunderbird who is near is limits compare to the P4 that gain power every week.The leap of clock frenquncy will be (i suppost) 1.7 2.0 2.3 2.6 3.0 even that not real number t will be much higher compare to "transition cpu" palamino to clawhammer.For my PAl will be the low-end and the claw will be the high end.that a bit of prediction.

kavbear

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Please use spell checker, I can't tell what the HE@L you're trying to say.

No man stands so tall, as when he stoops to tweak his rig.

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
[sarcasm] Are u new to this forum? [/sarcasm]

For now AMD must replace is old thunderbird who is near is limits compare to the P4 that gain power every week
Both companies have a range of processors already planned and in some cases probably designed and in testing. TBird is being replaced by the Athlon4 as we speak.

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Let me apologise in advance for my hostilities. I'm not really being hostile to newcomers just put more thought into your posts.