Question OMG! I've really messed up this time. Installing and replacing harddrives.

weybrew

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2016
It all started out a project I was sure I could handle. I wanted to install an SSD with a clean Windows 10 x64 install as my boot drive. Then I wanted to swap out my full 2TB HDDs for new 5TB ones. As I got into it, I couldn't get the SDD to boot, then Windows Explorer couldn't see any of the new HDDs. I started to read and watch videos about my attempted task. And I now don't know how to set or convert BIOS LEGACY to UEFI, MBR or GPT, so I've got an assortment of different settings and drives. One thing I did discover was that none of the drives appeared in Windows Explorer when physically attached to the PC, but they are recognized and functional when mounted in a USB dock(!). So now I'm running off a clean Windows install on my SSD and one HHD running in my USB dock...and that's it. I have all my other drives scattered about until I can find a sympathetic super-geek to lead me out of the woods. Can someone help, please? Or perhaps refer me to a complete, thorough, and easily understood guide.

USAFRet

Titan
Start over.

Remove ALL drives except the SSD you want the OS on.
Then, this:

Later, reconnect whatever other drives you have.