Omnibook 2100 memory -- where?

I want to add more memory to my 2100 but can't see where to install it. Any
help on identifying where the memory banks are and how to get at them?

TIA,

craigm

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

Sylv wrote:
> I want to add more memory to my 2100 but can't see where to install it. Any
> help on identifying where the memory banks are and how to get at them?
>
> TIA,

Look on the HP site.

In article <TCcLd.21351$5v3.17381@fe03.lga>, none@domain.invalid says...

>Look on the HP site.

Not only done that before posting, but downloaded the Handbook and other
so-called helpful pieces from other places but none answer my question. Which
is why I posted here.

craigm

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

Sylv wrote:
> In article <TCcLd.21351$5v3.17381@fe03.lga>, none@domain.invalid says...
>

>>Look on the HP site.
>

> Not only done that before posting, but downloaded the Handbook and other
> so-called helpful pieces from other places but none answer my question. Which
> is why I posted here.

http://h200002.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpi02988/bpi02988.pdf

See chapter 5.

Does this help?

The HP web site is not exactly easy to navigate, so I can understand why you may
have had difficulty findong information.

Try the following URL for an explanation of the memory upgrade procedure. It
states "Remove the RAM expansion cover located on the bottom of the Omnibook.

http://h200005.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpi03622/bpi03622.pdf

Also, the following URL has a complete Omnibook User's Guide with complete
hardware specifications, illustrations, and upgrade procedures, including memory
installation and removal.

http://h200005.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpi03277/bpi03277.pdf

.... Ben Myers

In article <ZefLd.21413$Vb6.14878@fe03.lga>, none@domain.invalid says...

>http://h200002.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpi02988/bpi02988.pdf
>
>See chapter 5.
>
>Does this help?

That's the one -- many thanks. Hadn't realised that you have to remove the
hard drive first to find the Ram board!