Question OMV Setup on network Issue

May 5, 2022
Hey all !

I'm new to networking and had just setup a OMV NAS and am struggling to allow access to users on the same network.

I think it has something to do with my setup, as I have the isp router combo next door, and I am running the ethernet through a switch then a powerline adapter to get to my place which it terminates into my router and nas. but the people next door cant seem to get access to it, as in they cant find it on windows.

I've set up SMB and I believe that I have set a static ip to it, but still nothing.

again sorry ! I'm still new to this sort of thing haha any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hey all !

I'm new to networking and had just setup a OMV NAS and am struggling to allow access to users on the same network.

I think it has something to do with my setup, as I have the isp router combo next door, and I am running the ethernet through a switch then a powerline adapter to get to my place which it terminates into my router and nas. but the people next door cant seem to get access to it, as in they cant find it on windows.

I've set up SMB and I believe that I have set a static ip to it, but still nothing.

again sorry ! I'm still new to this sort of thing haha any help would be appreciated.
If the powerline is connected to the WAN port of your router, then you will need to do something with your router. I would suggest using the DMZ feature if your router has that option.

I agree with kanewolf. Your problem is because your neighbors PC is on the WAN side of your router it has the same issues as if you wanted someone on the internet to access your NAS.

I am somewhat surprised you got powerline to work between buildings. It tends to not work well even when everything is on one power meter.

TRENDING THREADS