On and on and on (The computer simply wont start)

Edember

Reputable
Jul 10, 2016
Well, it's been a long day, printing my documents in the office with my home computer which I brought every morning. Before the end of the day which was 5pm, I turned off my computer normally (which was running for 8hrs) which turns off surprisingly fast because my Windows 10 PC would save something first on the hard drive before it totally shuts off. Well it's not that fast but it is faster than usual. So I commute with my desktop tower and brought my computer home and I plug everything it suppose to have. But when I started to boot it up, the computer would just power on for a second then shuts off and it will power on automatically again and again. The duration were different, sometimes for just a second or 5 secs then that's it, it wont power on anymore. I tried everything like disconnecting all the components and returning it right back on. So I was thinking that my PSU was failing but it is just 10months old or the computer might be broken because of transportation. I'm not sure about the problem but the deadline for the submission is near!! Halp!!
There's nothing showing up in the display. The power lights and the fans are all active.

Please don't tell me it's the motherboard because it's too way expensive!!

..and I have a question, is transporting a desktop computer frequently bad?

Don't mind my crappy grammar.

igtaba

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015
Hi, first the transportation is not a problem if you do it with care.

To the problem, the MoBo have a speaker connected or integrated? if you here any bips count them and tell us, that is useful.

PLEASE GIVE THE SPECS OF THE SYSTEM

If not, see that the evething is installed correctly, specially if you hace a graphics card, sometimes i had that problem because I didn't push it all the way in the slot

Ralston18

Titan
Transporting a desktop is always problematic - just as is tranporting many things. Especially if not designed to be regularly moved about.

Good chance that something has jostled or vibrated loose inside the desktop. Does not take much to cause problems.

Do not know where you live of course but if the desktop was cold from being outside and then turned on immediately once inside and connected - that can cause problems. (Cold laptops are even more susceptable.)

You will need to open the case and check all internal connections and card seatings. Inspect everything as well.

Look for signs of thermal paste oozing out around the CPU. Sudden shutdowns at boot time can be caused by the CPU overheating. Check the CPU cooler fan (if one). Be sure that that fan is running.

Or an unused connector stuck in a fan or touching a board. Maybe bare metal visible on a wire whose insulation was rubbed off.

And even though it is only 10 months the PSU could be failing. Faulty PSU's can manifest in all sorts of behavior.

Also possible that some update was being applied at the time of the shutdown/power off and the update was corrupted or corrupted something.

Start with an internal inspection. Good flashlight and methodically work your way through the case.

Do not go by visual alone. Gently press in the cards, memory modules, chips etc.. Check plugs and connectors by feel.

Even if you find something continue checking. There could multiple issues due to the move and travel vibrations.

Edember

Reputable
Jul 10, 2016

I don't hear any beeps

Specs:
GTX 750TI
600watt psu
intel i3 3240
4gigs of ram

i pushed the graphics card and every components are intact... i dont know what is happening//////