On board audio driver.

BaddieMcBad

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Hey guys, I have this motherboard:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z77A/#support

I can't remember if I installed the audio driver or not. The analogue speakers connected to the rear of my case produce sound just fine, but when I go to my device manager, the only audio drivers listed are, "AMD high definition audio", and, "High definition audio".

The driver (64bit windows 7) for the audio on the motherboard is titled: "Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.6767 for Windows Win7 32bit & Win7 64bit & Win8 32bit & Win8 64bit---(WHQL).
Realtek Audio Driver V5.10.0.6767 for Windows XP 32bit & XP 64bit---(WHQL)."

Should I install this?

I feel like an idiot asking such a question. I'm sorry.

Solution

It might be a newer version, however, if you aren't having problems, there's no need to install it. Sorry, I guess I didn't read all of your original post closely enough.

Install it if you have any problems on your computer, getting drivers sorted is one of the easiest ways to fix problems in new builds.

DonQuixoteMC

Distinguished

It might be a newer version, however, if you aren't having problems, there's no need to install it. Sorry, I guess I didn't read all of your original post closely enough.

Install it if you have any problems on your computer, getting drivers sorted is one of the easiest ways to fix problems in new builds.

Solution