[SOLVED] On board audio not working after troubleshooting PC

raspbian

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
I woke up this morning and my PC wouldn't boot. I began the troubleshooting process, I tested RAM first and swapped the modules. This didn't work, I swapped GPU. Still did not boot, so i moved on to the drives and removed my 1TB HDD and sure enough it booted and after further troubleshooting i determined the HDD was dead. Then after i started using my PC again the on board audio would not work. It would just output static and no sound. Even on the front. I tried reinstalling drivers and reinstalling Windows with no luck. Could really use some help with this issue.

Solution
I would suggest a BIOS reset...the procedure should be in the manual for the motherboard and is typically completed by pushing a button, shorting two pins with something metallic like a jumper or screwdriver tip, or removing the BIOS battery for a few minutes. You may have to enter the BIOS afterwards and reset the date and time data as well as which HDD the system boots to.
I would suggest a BIOS reset...the procedure should be in the manual for the motherboard and is typically completed by pushing a button, shorting two pins with something metallic like a jumper or screwdriver tip, or removing the BIOS battery for a few minutes. You may have to enter the BIOS afterwards and reset the date and time data as well as which HDD the system boots to.

Solution

raspbian

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
Alright I'll give it a try I'll post an update.

TRENDING THREADS