On-board DVI not displaying when using a PCI device.

Sep 28, 2018
Hello forums users,

I have a computer which im trying to turn into a router and to do that I need more than one ethernet port so I purchased a 4 port NIC. However when I connect the NIC and try and use the on board DVI port on the motherboard I get no display but when I remove the NIC I get a display. Also when I use a graphics card instead of the NIC I can get a display through the graphics card but not the onboard DVI port. I have also tried 2 different NIC's and still have the same issue.

If anyone could help it would mean a lot, Thanks.

Solution
name and model of this nic card and first i seen someone try to use computer as a router . for the video if you have a gpu on the board you wont have video from the internal one .
Feb 20, 2019
Hello forums users,

I have a computer which im trying to turn into a router and to do that I need more than one ethernet port so I purchased a 4 port NIC. However when I connect the NIC and try and use the on board DVI port on the motherboard I get no display but when I remove the NIC I get a display. Also when I use a graphics card instead of the NIC I can get a display through the graphics card but not the onboard DVI port. I have also tried 2 different NIC's and still have the same issue.

If anyone could help it would mean a lot, Thanks.

Hi everyone.

I was trying to connect my second screen to my old PC in order to extend my desktop, I have only one built in VGA port in the motherboard, added an "orion add2-n dual pad x16 card" to PCI Slot (32 Bit PCI bus slot) to be able to connect my DVI cable for the second screen. I went to display settings but the new screen was not detected, in device manager under display adapters, it is showing only the old screen "Microsoft basic display adapter".

Do I need to do anything after inserting my new card to activate it? or the card is not supported? not sure what to do.

Please Help!

FUJITSU PRIMERGY TX100 S1
System ManufacturerFUJITSU
System ModelPRIMERGY TX100 S1
System TypePerformance Server
Motherboard ManufacturerFUJITSU
Motherboard ProductD2679-B1

Processor

Intel® Xeon® CPU X3220 @ 2.40GHz
ManufacturerGenuineIntel
DescriptionIntel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Architecturex64

Memory

4 GB
Physical Memory - Total4 GB

Graphics

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
Adapter Compatibility(Standard display types)
Video ProcessorATI ES1000
Resolution1024 x 768