On-board sound chip possibly broken?

Jun 8, 2018
Probably relevant specs: Gigabyte - B360M D3H, Intel - Core i5-8400 EVGA - 500W 80+ PSU, MSI - Radeon RX 560 - 1024 4GB AERO ITX GPU, Gigabyte - GC-WB867D-I network card.

Soon after installing my network card into a PCIE x16 slot, the onboard audio started malfunctioning. It was insanely loud, echoey, and had about the quality of an NES. I was spooked so much that I immediately flipped the switch on my PSU to kill the power. After rebooting, the sound was completely gone, and clicking on the speaker icon in the task bar only showed my GPU HDMI sound drivers. I restarted into the BIOS and turned the sound controller off then back on, and the problem appeared to be solved, until sound just quit again. I tried the same solution to no avail, and even tried installing new audio drivers from gigabyte's website and realtek's site itself. I unplugged and re-plugged everything from the motherboard, and sound re-appeared, until I restarted and it disappeared again.

I've now spent the last 3 hours trying to install and uninstall everything sound related on this computer, but I can't seem to get the sound working again. Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance.