[SOLVED] On Certain Games I Get a black screen but i can still Hear the audio and keyboard doesn't respond

Dec 3, 2021
I recently builded my First PC here's the specs:
CPU:Ryzen 7 5700g
MOBO:MSI b550 gaming plus
MEMORY:Sabrent Rocket M2 SSD
PSU:Evga GQ 750 80+ Gold
RAM: Corsair vengeance pro 3600mhz DDR4
COOLER: Artic Esports Duo 34
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify Compact 2
GPU: The Vega 8 iGPU of the ryzen

Now the problem:
On Certain Games After 10/15 min into the game the PC black screens and keyboard commands cut out but the PC Is still running because i can Hear my buddies on discord
But this happens Only with specific games for example GTA5 or AC can run for hours and hours and nothing happens but of i open Scarface the world Is yours or Battlefield or gmod the crash happens 100% in the arc of 10/15/20 min at First i though i got a defective CPU or iGPU but After running cinebench for the cpu and funmark's stresser for GPU no crash or errors where detected i cheked temps and they were good CPU at full load 100% Was at max 54° didn't go over and iGpu at 99% load for 15 Min didn't Get over 24° so it's not hardware problem tried to unistall Drivers With DDU and reinstall every driver Is the most recent One same for chipset and ecc ecc. PSU Is ok cheked voltage too
RAM is Ok checked that too already tried to change them but no differences happend
At this point i think Is a software problem i did try to do a sys check with cmd but nothing no corrupted files or problems were detected so to recap:
CPU & GPU : No problems passed stress test
PSU : no problems detected passed stress test
Drivers: uninstalled and reinstalled last version
W10 Cmd Check: everything ok
But still some games crash After a few minutes other After hours others do not Only thing sometimes the AMD Radeon Driver pops out to tell me that there Was a timeout in the driver but at this point i have no clue

PS:the BIOS Is the Only thing not updated but on the box of the B550 says R5000 ready so It should be already compatibile

Solution
Cannot close It it's part of the Radeon drivers i think but i noticed there are a F! Tons of those errore right before the blackscreen Always the same Radeon Graphics: CPU metrics Server has stopped working
You may not be able to close it completely...not easily at least. You have to install the drivers using 'drivers only' option...that means clean uninstall with DDU first.

First to try is memory in default BIOS settings. You may have to tweak memory and get it stable with some memory stress tests before you can use it in high XMP clocks.
I recently builded my First PC here's the specs:
CPU:Ryzen 7 5700g
MOBO:MSI b550 gaming plus
MEMORY:Sabrent Rocket M2 SSD
PSU:Evga GQ 750 80+ Gold
RAM: Corsair vengeance pro 3600mhz DDR4
COOLER: Artic Esports Duo 34
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify Compact 2
GPU: The Vega 8 iGPU of the ryzen

Now the problem:
On Certain Games After 10/15 min into the game the PC black screens and keyboard commands cut out but the PC Is still running because i can Hear my buddies on discord
But this happens Only with specific games for example GTA5 or AC can run for hours and hours and nothing happens but of i open Scarface the world Is yours or Battlefield or gmod the crash happens 100% in the arc of 10/15/20 min at First i though i got a defective CPU or iGPU but After running cinebench for the cpu and funmark's stresser for GPU no crash or errors where detected i cheked temps and they were good CPU at full load 100% Was at max 54° didn't go over and iGpu at 99% load for 15 Min didn't Get over 24° so it's not hardware problem tried to unistall Drivers With DDU and reinstall every driver Is the most recent One same for chipset and ecc ecc. PSU Is ok cheked voltage too
RAM is Ok checked that too already tried to change them but no differences happend
At this point i think Is a software problem i did try to do a sys check with cmd but nothing no corrupted files or problems were detected so to recap:
CPU & GPU : No problems passed stress test
PSU : no problems detected passed stress test
Drivers: uninstalled and reinstalled last version
W10 Cmd Check: everything ok
But still some games crash After a few minutes other After hours others do not Only thing sometimes the AMD Radeon Driver pops out to tell me that there Was a timeout in the driver but at this point i have no clue

PS:the BIOS Is the Only thing not updated but on the box of the B550 says R5000 ready so It should be already compatibile
When that happens to me it's usually the video drivers have locked up...restart necessary. Sometimes I can recover with pressing win+ctrl+shift+b simultaneously (that restarts graphics drivers in Win10/11).

If it's persistent it may be a game code problem...or driver corruption. Uninstall drivers with DDU to clean up any corrupted files or registry settings and reinstall the latest ones to see if that helps. Games can be buggy but there's not much you can do about game code problems until they release an update.

Also memory overclocks can be unstable in an APU, try with memory in default settings to see if it stops.

Dec 3, 2021
When that happens to me it's usually the video drivers have locked up...restart necessary. Sometimes I can recover with pressing win+ctrl+shift+b simultaneously (that restarts graphics drivers in Win10/11).

If it's persistent it may be a game code problem...or driver corruption. Uninstall drivers with DDU and reinstall the latest ones to see if that helps. Also your memory overclock may be unstable in an APU, try with memory in default settings to see if it stops.
I tried to restart the drivers but when i pres the shortcut ctrl+win Key+b+shift nothing screen dead but the audio of my Friends Is still there they cant Hear me but i can Hear them already tryied with DDU and reinstalled the drivers but nothing the Only thing i didn't do Is run the API whitout overclock to the RAM

Dec 3, 2021
I tried to restart the drivers but when i pres the shortcut ctrl+win Key+b+shift nothing screen dead but the audio of my Friends Is still there they cant Hear me but i can Hear them already tryied with DDU and reinstalled the drivers but nothing the Only thing i didn't do Is run the API whitout overclock to the RAM
Another thing that i discovered Is right before the blackscreen It seems that the Radeon Graphics: CPU metrics Server stops working at least that's what the win error log says

Dec 3, 2021
Some games can be more sensitive to memory than others. If that fixes it then you might try tweaking a few RAM settings to improve stability. One simple one is to increase DIMM voltage: run it up to 1.4 to see if that helps, DDR4 is safe up to 1.5V so it won't be harmful.
What about the error with Radeon Graphics:CPU Metrics Server could that be part of the problem

What about the error with Radeon Graphics:CPU Metrics Server could that be part of the problem
Try not running it.

Not sure about APU's....i don't even run Radeon Settings for my 5700. I let it install but use MSI Afterburner for overclocking the GPU and monitoring/metrics as it works a lot better and is less intrusive. The only reason I let it install is to enable SAM and that's not a consideration for an APU so you could do a driver only install and avoid it entirely.

Dec 3, 2021
Try not running it.

Not sure about APU's....i don't even run Radeon Settings for my 5700. I let it install but use MSI Afterburner for overclocking the GPU and monitoring/metrics as it works a lot better and is less intrusive. The only reason I let it install is to enable SAM and that's not a consideration for an APU so you could do a driver only install and avoid it entirely.
Cannot close It it's part of the Radeon drivers i think but i noticed there are a F! Tons of those errore right before the blackscreen Always the same Radeon Graphics: CPU metrics Server has stopped working

You may not be able to close it completely...not easily at least. You have to install the drivers using 'drivers only' option...that means clean uninstall with DDU first.

First to try is memory in default BIOS settings. You may have to tweak memory and get it stable with some memory stress tests before you can use it in high XMP clocks.

Solution