Question On CPU card not showing image, independent card does

Dimitri001

Reputable
Oct 11, 2019
I received a used computer from someone so I don't know what the configuration is, but it has DDR4 RAM, so that gives you SOME sense of how recent the system is.

I yanked out the graphics card and tried to run it with the CPU graphics, but it shows no image. When I put the independent card in it works fine.

Now, I don't know for sure that there actually is a GPU integrated on the CPU and Windows is protected with a password I don't have, so I can't check what the CPU is inside Windows, but I figure there must be if the system is new enough to be running DDR4, no? So what could be the problem here, why is it not showing the image via the motherboard?

I tried connecting it with via VGA and HDMI and neither shows image.

I received a used computer from someone so I don't know what the configuration is, but it has DDR4 RAM, so that gives you SOME sense of how recent the system is.

I yanked out the graphics card and tried to run it with the CPU graphics, but it shows no image. When I put the independent card in it works fine.

Now, I don't know for sure that there actually is a GPU integrated on the CPU and Windows is protected with a password I don't have, so I can't check what the CPU is inside Windows, but I figure there must be if the system is new enough to be running DDR4, no? So what could be the problem here, why is it not showing the image via the motherboard?

I tried connecting it with via VGA and HDMI and neither shows image.
Which CPU ? Not all of them have IGPU inside, AMD without G and Intel with F don't have them so no picture from MB.

Dimitri001

Reputable
Oct 11, 2019
Ok, I've been able to get into Windows and I've found the CPU is AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400. It seems this one doesn't have a GPU, the AMD site doesn't list one, am I right?

KyaraM

Admirable
Ok, I've been able to get into Windows and I've found the CPU is AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400. It seems this one doesn't have a GPU, the AMD site doesn't list one, am I right?
Ryzen chips don't generally have an iGPU. Only those with G-suffix do, eg 5600G. At least not until recently. Current Ryzen 7000 chips have an iGPU capable of giving a video signal for eg office work where you don't need a beefy dGPU.