Question On home network one of my computers not displaying in Network

Aug 22, 2022
I have a home network with 4 computers. The computer names are Omen, Envy, Backup and Desktop
Omen, Envy and Desktop are running Windows 10 21H2
Backup is running Windows 7 Home but has no problem connecting to or being accessible on the network

Omen, Envy and Backup are connected to network via wireless
Desktop is connected to network via Ethernet cable

Omen, Envy and Backup can see and connect to each other but can not see Desktop
Desktop can see and access Omen, Envy and Backup

In file explorer/network on each of the 4 computers only Omen, Envy and Backup are displayed
Desktop does not appear in "network" even on Desktop

Omen, Envy and Backup can not see Desktop, but Desktop can see and connect to Omen, Envy and Backup

I have tried every "fix" I could find (and understand well enough to implement) and none of them worked

I am using AVG Internet Security as virus software, and have specifically added all IP addresses, including router IP as safe connections
It doesn't appear to be a firewall problem as I have same problem when AVG is turned off

It seems some setting on Desktop isn't correct

- I have file & printer sharing enabled with password protection disabled on Desktop

- I have Network Discovery, Functional Discovery Provider Host,Functional Discovery resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, and UPnP Device Host enabled on Desktop
SMB 1.0/CIFS file sharing is not enabled

I'm beginning to wonder if the problem is the fact that Desktop is connected to network via USB while other computers are wireless, but if that is problem I have no idea what to do about it.

I would be most appreciative of any suggestions.

kanewolf

Titan
I have a home network with 4 computers. The computer names are Omen, Envy, Backup and Desktop
Omen, Envy and Desktop are running Windows 10 21H2
Backup is running Windows 7 Home but has no problem connecting to or being accessible on the network

Omen, Envy and Backup are connected to network via wireless
Desktop is connected to network via Ethernet cable

Omen, Envy and Backup can see and connect to each other but can not see Desktop
Desktop can see and access Omen, Envy and Backup

In file explorer/network on each of the 4 computers only Omen, Envy and Backup are displayed
Desktop does not appear in "network" even on Desktop

Omen, Envy and Backup can not see Desktop, but Desktop can see and connect to Omen, Envy and Backup

I have tried every "fix" I could find (and understand well enough to implement) and none of them worked

I am using AVG Internet Security as virus software, and have specifically added all IP addresses, including router IP as safe connections
It doesn't appear to be a firewall problem as I have same problem when AVG is turned off

It seems some setting on Desktop isn't correct

- I have file & printer sharing enabled with password protection disabled on Desktop

- I have Network Discovery, Functional Discovery Provider Host,Functional Discovery resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, and UPnP Device Host enabled on Desktop
SMB 1.0/CIFS file sharing is not enabled

I'm beginning to wonder if the problem is the fact that Desktop is connected to network via USB while other computers are wireless, but if that is problem I have no idea what to do about it.

I would be most appreciative of any suggestions.
Is the network identified as "Private" vs "Public" on the invisible computer ?? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/an...nge-network-settings-from-public-to-priv.html

Aug 22, 2022
On the invisible computer network name shown in Network and sharing center the network is named "Lloyd3"

On the wireless computers the network name shown in Network and Sharing center the network name appears as "Lloyd" "lloyd3" or "Lloyd2"

Despite the varying network names on the wireless computers, they can all see and connect to each other

I have no idea why the wireless computers have different network names

Aug 22, 2022
For some reason the computer named BACKUP suddenly displays the computer named DESKTOP (the invisible computer) in FILE Explorer/NETWORK

In Network and Sharing Center the network to which BACKUP is connected displays as Lloyd3, which is the same network name as DESKTOP (the invisible computer)

On Network and Sharing Center the computer named OMEN shows network name as Lloyd2
On Network and Sharing Center the computer named ENVY display the net work name as Lloyd

I have no idea how to change the network name in OMEN and ENVY to Lloyd3

Aug 22, 2022
I'm unable to see my computer on the home network, my computer name is DESKTOP

there are 4 computers on network, DESKTOP, OMEN, ENVY (all running Win 10 Home 21H2) and BACKUP (running Win 7 Home)

OMEN, ENVY (Win 10) and BACKUP (Win 7 Home) can see themselves on NETWORK
OMEN, ENVY and BACKUP can see and connect to each other
OMEN, ENVY (Win10) cannot see DESKTOP on NETWORK.
BACKUP (Win 7) CAN see DESKTOP on NETWORK
OMEN, ENVY and BACKUP are wireless
Wireless connection status for these 3 computers gives SSID "Lloyd"

DESKTOP (running Win 10) can not see itself on NETWORK
DESKTOP can see and connect to OMEN, ENVY and BACKUP
DESKTOP is connected to router via USB cable
Ethernet connection status for DESKTOP does not include SSID as it's connected via Ethernet

I've spent 5 days trying to solve this problem and have tried every "fix" that I can understand sufficiently well to implement and problem persists

All 4 computers are set to PRIVATE network
All of the following services are running and set to Automatic
Cryptographic Services
DNS Client - Automatic
Function Discovery Provider Host
Function Discovery Resource Publication
SSDP Discovery
UPnP Device Host
WORKSTATION (on Win 10 computers) Win 7 computer does not have this option

All computers have same WORKGROUP name

Help solving this problem would be most appreciated.