Question On motherboard, vga, cpu and dram are flashing in a loop when attempting to boot.

groundzer01

Honorable
Nov 26, 2016
System:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gtx 1070
2x8 3000 mhz ddr4
Ssd for boot
gigabtye aurous b450

So I just moved my pc into my new dorm room and after I plugged everything in and tried to boot it up, I had no signal to my monitor. I checked the motherboard I get this loop with the debug lights. The order they activate is the dram light turns red for a second or two and then there is a very quick green/yellow flash on the vga light and then shortly after the led for the vga turns red. After a few seconds, the CPU light turns on and then quickly changes back to dram. When it changes, the led lights on my fans do a weird flicker, and then the process repeats.

I have tried: booting with 1 stick of ram
reslotting gpu
booting with no gpu
reset cmos

[SOLVED] turns out when I upgraded my motherboard 2 years ago, I put one ram stick in slot 1 and I thought I had put the other in slot 3, but I had it in slot 2 instead. I tried rebooting off one stick of ram again in slot 3 and boom everything worked. PC is running fine now

Last edited:
System:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gtx 1070
2x8 3000 mhz ddr4
Ssd for boot
gigabtye aurous b450

So I just moved my pc into my new dorm room and after I plugged everything in and tried to boot it up, I had no signal to my monitor. I checked the motherboard I get this loop with the debug lights. The order they activate is the dram light turns red for a second or two and then there is a very quick green/yellow flash on the vga light and then shortly after the led for the vga turns red. After a few seconds, the CPU light turns on and then quickly changes back to dram. When it changes, the led lights on my fans do a weird flicker, and then the process repeats.

I have tried: booting with 1 stick of ram
reslotting gpu
booting with no gpu
reset cmos
I usually do remove the cmos battery, then unplug the psu power cable, then hold power button for 11 seconds (count it with stopwatch or timer), then take off the ram and gpus, clean the gold contacts with 70% alcohol and wait till it dry, blow the pcie slot and ram slots (dusting it off), then put all back together except cmos, plug power cord, try to attempt to boot, if it cant, put the cmos back and try to boot.

Put ram on slot A2 and B2 btw (slot 2 and 4).