Question On Nvidia control panel, with Displayport, I'm only able to select 10-bpc with YCbCr422. HDR is available either way.

Nov 3, 2022
So I have a Philips 326M6V, a 4K 60hz HDR monitor listed as having proper 10-bit support. Connected with the DP cable that came with it. If I turn on HDR with the RGB Colour Format, this is what I see.
EiB1Gnl.png

On the Nvidia control panel, I can only choose 8 bpc. Same thing for YCbCr444.
However, if I select YCbCr422, I can choose 10 bit, and this is what I see.
kzTfCdA.png

I still can do HDR either way though, but it is a bit confusing. I expect this from HDMI but not from Displayport.
I'm currently on OS build 22621.755, PC info: Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC CPU: AMD 3700x GPU: Nvidia 3080 SSD: 2 Sabrent Nvme gen 3 PSU: Corsair RM850x

Last edited:
A NVIDIA 3800 should be able to do 10-bit HDR @ 4k60 no problem over DP; are you sure you are using a DP 1.4 certified cable? The only other thing I know of is NVIDIA sometimes has issues changing multiple parameters at once; I know I have to change the resolution/refresh first and only then I can change the other settings.

Also, remember that NVIDIA lists PC and TV resolutions separate in their list of resolutions; make sure you are using the correct one.