Question On-Screen Keyboard appears whenever going full-screen?

Aug 25, 2021
Hello,

Whenever I open a full-screen application on my PC, the On-Screen Keyboard appears no matter what. I’m running Windows 10.
I have turned off On-Screen Keyboard within the Ease of Access settings and disabled the Touch Keyboard within Services, however, the On-Screen Keyboard still appears without fail.
Would anyone know how to fix this? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I want to say it’s a quirk bundled with the ‘Educational Version of Windows 10’ I got for free from my college, but it’s been so long since I’ve upgraded so I’m not fully sure if that’s the reason why or if that’s even what I installed.

Thanks!

Here is a short video to better contextualize the issue:https://gfycat.com/dimpledspanishkingfisher

Lutfij

Titan
Can you check and see what your version(not edition) for the OS is? You can work with a regular OS after sourcing the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools, for free(though you will see the activation necessary watermark on the lower right hand corner) but it does allow you to move away from a bug that you state is baked into the Educational version of the OS. I'd still rule the OS out for being corrupt if you constantly have it pop up when going to full screen.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Task Manager > Startup

There may be some related app, tool, or utility being launched at Startup.

The next place to look would be in Task Scheduler.

Perhaps the result of opening a full-screen app that, in turn, triggers the On-Screen Keyboard.

Aug 25, 2021
Thank you both for the response!

The version of Windows I am running is 21H2. I’m currently downloading the Media Creation Tool, hopefully this will resolve the issue!

I’ve also checked through the Start Up tab and nothing there stands out to be causing the issue. Same within the Task Scheduler to the best of my knowledge.