[SOLVED] On the fence, can someone help?

Nov 2, 2020
About to purchase PSU, i've narrowed it down to these two:

Be Quiet 11 1000w 80 Plus Platinum - Has good reviews everywhere that i've seen.

Antec Signature 80 Plus Titanium 1000w (ST1000) - As far as tech reviews, this one gets great scores. On Amazon, it has 5 star, BUT, there are only 8 reviews. My concern is that this is based off of a Seasonic platform, and all of the Seasonic/Corsair PSU's on Amazon have some pretty bad 1 star reviews from customers. Yes i'm aware that historically Seasonic/Corsair are known for quality, but i cannot ignore some of the types of issues people have reported. Additionally I've read a lot of comments about customer support being horrible.

I usually err on the side of caution, so even though it might have 90% 5 star rating, i still pay attention to the 5-10% 1 star comments. The only reason i haven't purchased the Be Quiet is because its out of stock everywhere. So, should i be patient and wait for the Be Quiet, or should i trust the tech reviews and go for the Antec?

Any help appreciated!

Nov 2, 2020
First we need to know the specs of the system you are buying for. Budget and country would be helpful too. Not m any systems need that much wattage.

I like to have room to grow, and i'm not short on cash. I'm building brand new system:
Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus
Ryzen 3600x (for now)
64GB Corsair Vengence
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
Nvidia 3080 Ti (whenever they come out with it)
2x 3.5 SATA HDD drives
1x 2.5 SATA SSD drive

Leaning towards upgrading to the Ryzen 5000 series when all the dust settles. And there's options for overclocking. Edit: i'm in the U.S.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
those user opinions on amazon and other sites are the last thing you should be looking at. what matters is how actual professionals tested and reviewed the units. the vast majority of user complaints are user error and not the quality of the unit.

tom's, johhny guru and a few others offer high quality professional reviews and comment on the internal parts, build quality, actual power delivery, how clean the signal is and many other things. that's what you want to look at when deciding on whether a unit is good or not.

the seasonic focus plus gold is a high quality unit no mattr what some yahoo on amazon comments says.

Reactions: logainofhades
Nov 2, 2020
those user opinions on amazon and other sites are the last thing you should be looking at. what matters is how actual professionals tested and reviewed the units. the vast majority of user complaints are user error and not the quality of the unit.

tom's, johhny guru and a few others offer high quality professional reviews and comment on the internal parts, build quality, actual power delivery, how clean the signal is and many other things. that's what you want to look at when deciding on whether a unit is good or not.

And i read those professional reviews too....i also understand a lot of those reviews on Amazon are user error. But when you start reading multiple people report the same issue over and over, a pattern tends to emerge and that's what makes me second guess the item.

1 star review where? Seasonic makes the best PSU's in the business.

And that's what i've always known for Seasonic....i was originally going to get either the Corsair AX1000 or a Seasonic until i kept seeing reports of the same issues from multiple people in the Amazon reviews. Additionally, i saw a lot of people complaining about customer service and RMA nightmares

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i can assure you if there was some wide spread problem with a psu model, amazon would not be the first to know!!

it would be all over the tech sites and professional reviewers would be all over trying to figure out the problem and would suggest they be avoided. the fact that not a single tech site i read (which is about 50 of them) has any mention of any issues is enough to prove to me there is no issue.

Nov 2, 2020
i can assure you if there was some wide spread problem with a psu model, amazon would not be the first to know!!

it would be all over the tech sites and professional reviewers would be all over trying to figure out the problem and would suggest they be avoided. the fact that not a single tech site i read (which is about 50 of them) has any mention of any issues is enough to prove to me there is no issue.

ok, appreciate that! Was just looking for that reassurance, my second guessing always gets in the way lol