On-the-go wifi solution that won't break the bank?

drumrocker365

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm possibly going on a one month tour over the summer with my band. Here's my dilemma: I have a going YouTube channel and I like to post videos AT LEAST once a week, and I'm not sure I want to make 4 videos ahead of time and trust that they'll post fine through the YouTube schedule feature. So: I'm looking for either a hotspot or wifi subscription service that will allow me to stop at an area providing it or connect to it at least once a week to upload stuff. I'm not looking for something with any contract, and I need something capable of uploading an HD YouTube video (5 minutes long). I don't have phone service as I cannot afford it, so I can't use my phone as a hotspot. I've been looking into Skype WiFi, but there is hardly any info on speed/cost of it. Is it legit? Is there a better solution?

Thanks,
Christian

Many business offer free wifi, although to upload a video of decent length they may wonder why you are sitting there for 3 hours.

Coffee shops, restaurants, pool halls, heck, places you play in would probably have WiFi.

You can also use a site like ustream to stream your performance live and record it at the same time.

drumrocker365

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014

Do you know if Skype WiFi is any good?

TRENDING THREADS