[SOLVED] On Ultra or High settings at 1920x1080p, how long would a GTX 1660 Ti 6GB last being above 50 fps without stutter/Micro-Stutter on new releases?

Solution
Are you asking about the GPU's lifespan, or whether the card would be able to play graphic demanding AAA games in future as well ?? That's a good card for 1080p.

But the Performance will all depend on TYPE of PC game you are playing. Also, which CPU do you have ? Soem games demand a stronger GPU, instead of a CPU, and vice versa.
Are you asking about the GPU's lifespan, or whether the card would be able to play graphic demanding AAA games in future as well ?? That's a good card for 1080p.

But the Performance will all depend on TYPE of PC game you are playing. Also, which CPU do you have ? Soem games demand a stronger GPU, instead of a CPU, and vice versa.

Solution

Pythonbites

Reputable
Feb 19, 2017

Sorry if I wasn't very clear.
My cpu is the Ryzen 5 2600x

The answer I was looking for was how long it would be able to play graphically demanding AAA games in the future.

The answer I was looking for was how long it would be able to play graphically demanding AAA games in the future.

This is a bit tricky question to answer. Like I have said before, the future performance will all depend on the Game, whether it's graphic demanding or not. I can't predict the performance of future AAA games, but some are definitely going to demanding, as technology and GAME ENGINES evolve !

No GPU or hardware is fully future-proof though, IMO. A time comes when we need a more powerful GPU to play some of the future demanding games, which are taxing on the GPU.

Though, some future games would still be able to play on your current GPU, as long as your GPU is capable to handle the Game's ENGINE...Not all games are going to be demanding.

Some games are more CPU-bound.

Last edited: