[SOLVED] Onboard Graphics

Solution
Ryzen igpu (5600g) probably will get you by, depending on game/settings.

You'll want to pair the apu with 3600 CL16 ram to get the most out of it.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
If I have a CPU that has onboard graphics do I need to disable that feature if I add a GPU card for things to work?

Don't need to do any fiddling in bios for graphics card to work, just move the display cable from motherboard video port to graphics card.

As said, onboard is usually disabled automatically. Depending on motherboard, igpu can be figured for multi monitor if motherboard supports it.

Is your question a query before you go ahead with a graphics card or do you have the graphics card in already and are trying to diagnose a problem?

Reactions: riverrat373
Nov 18, 2021
Don't need to do any fiddling in bios for graphics card to work, just move the display cable from motherboard video port to graphics card.

As said, onboard is usually disabled automatically. Depending on motherboard, igpu can be figured for multi monitor if motherboard supports it.

Is your question a query before you go ahead with a graphics card or do you have the graphics card in already and are trying to diagnose a problem?
I'm planning on building my own PC but will wait for the GPU prices to go down before I buy one. I thought I might get a Ryzen CPU that has onboard graphics so that I will be able to use the computer in the mean time.

Nov 18, 2021
Ryzen igpu (5600g) probably will get you by, depending on game/settings.

You'll want to pair the apu with 3600 CL16 ram to get the most out of it.
That' the CPU I have in my basket! I also plan on 16GB of ram. Thanks for the reply.