[SOLVED] Onboard network card stops working on ASUS Prime Z490-P when air gets hot inside case ?

PGamer

Reputable
Jun 17, 2017
Hi,

as mentioned in the title, I have a problem with my motherboard. When I play games (COD Warzone, Farming Simulator 19), my Asus RTX 3070 dual oc goes up to 73°C. After around 15 minutes I start to keep losing connection to internet (tried pinging my router, I get timeouts).

I already tested with different router and different cable. No success.
When I lose connection on this computer, my other computers don't have any problems with connection.

When i tried to limit the GPU power to 65% in MSI afterburner (GPU at 60°C), I didn't lose my connection anymore, but I don't see this as longterm solution.

If anyone comes up with a great idea, I would be very grateful.

PGamer

Full system:
CPU: i7-10700k
CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7
GPU: ASUS RTX 3070 dual oc
MOBO: ASUS Prime Z490-P
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500 (1x140mm fan at the back, 1x140mm fan at the front)
PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11 700W 80plus Gold

Solution
If limiting power to your GPU resolves the issue, it's possible that the PSU can't deliver power to all devices in your build when the entire system is taxed. That's just an assumption, mind you. You can rule out the PSU being faulty by sourcing a donor PSU that has at least 650W of power for the entire system. As for your platform, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing for your motherboard? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your NIC drivers? When installing any and/or all drivers, please make sure that you're installing them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of all the routers you've used thus far? Are all of them on the latest firmware...

Lutfij

Titan
If limiting power to your GPU resolves the issue, it's possible that the PSU can't deliver power to all devices in your build when the entire system is taxed. That's just an assumption, mind you. You can rule out the PSU being faulty by sourcing a donor PSU that has at least 650W of power for the entire system. As for your platform, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing for your motherboard? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your NIC drivers? When installing any and/or all drivers, please make sure that you're installing them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make and model of all the routers you've used thus far? Are all of them on the latest firmware updates?

Solution

PGamer

Reputable
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for you answer.

So, my bios version is 1208 from 21/07/2021. I'll try to reinstall NIC drivers first. If that will not help, then i'm updating BIOS.
I'll try to find a PSU to test the system.

Routers:
  • Linksys WRT160NL
  • Linksys WRT54G
I also tried to connect PC directly to modem (Tundra Titanium-24), still no success.