Question Onboard WiFi Not Working...New MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

TimH77

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
BIOS Version - E7B85AMS.180
Build Date- 11/8/19

Onboard WiFi isn't working. I just put together a PC for my nephew, basically using the same parts as I used for my personal build six months ago.

On my build, after downloading Live Update 6 and installing the included drivers the WiFi became available and showed 'WiFi' on the Left Menu under 'Network and Sharing.'

Last night I made sure Intel BT and WiFi drivers were selected, downloaded and it then showed 'installed,' but even after trying and restarting several times WiFi isn't showing on the left side 'Network and Sharing' menu.

Usually, tapping the 'globe' icon in the taskbar shows the ethernet connection and show's the ability to turn WiFi (and Airplane Mode) on/off, but only 'no Ethernet connection' is showing.

I checked in BIOS and made sure WiFi was enabled, which it is. I looked at Device Manager->Network Adapters and did see the ethernet adapter (I believe it was Realtek), as well as about 7 'WAN xxxxxx' (I'm thinking these are from the Netgear AC1200 USB Network Adapter I'm temporarily using for internet connection) ,but nothing saying 'WiFi.'

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TimH77

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
I downloaded (initially and now again) the Intel WiFi Drivers from MSI.com (Win 10 64), extracted then ran the application (which it now gave the option to 'Repair' or 'Cancel')... but it doesn't show up in Device Manager. Also, all Windows Updates are installed.

Device Manager only shows the Intel Ethernet adapter and multiple 'WAN Miniport XXXXX.'

I wanted to Delete it then reinstall, but I don't even have the option and I'm unsure where else to look for possible solutions.

Can I delete everything in 'Network Adapters' and Microsoft will reinstall the WAN Miniport' Drivers?

Any other suggestions?

Build
B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Ryzen 5 2600
PNY GeForce 1050ti
G. Skill Ripjaws PC3200 2x8GB
Corsair CX750M
Samsung 250GB M.2 PCIe SSD
WD Green 1.5TB HDD
Windows 10 x64