Question Once or twice a day, my screen turns black for few seconds

Oct 6, 2020
I have an ASUS MG248, and I've had it for about 5 years now. 1 month ago it started going black once or twice a day, and then just going back to normal after 1-3 seconds. I happens seemingly randomlym no matter if I'm gaming, watching videos or the PC just standing idle, though I've never seen it happen more than once in a 12 hour spann (but that might just be because I don't stare 24/7 at it, and the blackscreen is very short).

When the screen goes black, my PC keeps running (video and gamesound are uninterrupted, and once I can see again, everythings was moving forward as usual). Also I have a second screen (a TV screen) connected to the same graphics card, and it does not suffer the same issue. I have a 2080 Super, on a windows 10 Home edition, that is running both screens.

Things I have tried:

-Updating windows (it always is up to date).

-Completly removing and reinstalling the graphics driver (this issue now has persisted through 3 different drivers, and it started about 2 weeks after I got a new one).

-Plugging the DP-cable into annother slot on the graphics cards I/O. (unfortunatly my screen only has 1, so can't switch there).

-Using a new cable.

-Tweeking windows and Nvidia power options (to ensure it is no sleep mode etc).

So it the an obvious solution I'm missing, or is it as I kinda suspect just the screen being faulty? I've just never seen a screen do it with such large timegaps.

wi5pa

Distinguished
May 20, 2012
Also I have a second screen (a TV screen) connected to the same graphics card, and it does not suffer the same issue.
-----------------------------------------------

Try using them one at a time, I suspect your monitor is starting to go faulty

Jan 18, 2021
I have an ASUS MG248, and I've had it for about 5 years now. 1 month ago it started going black once or twice a day, and then just going back to normal after 1-3 seconds. I happens seemingly randomlym no matter if I'm gaming, watching videos or the PC just standing idle, though I've never seen it happen more than once in a 12 hour spann (but that might just be because I don't stare 24/7 at it, and the blackscreen is very short).

When the screen goes black, my PC keeps running (video and gamesound are uninterrupted, and once I can see again, everythings was moving forward as usual). Also I have a second screen (a TV screen) connected to the same graphics card, and it does not suffer the same issue. I have a 2080 Super, on a windows 10 Home edition, that is running both screens.

Things I have tried:

-Updating windows (it always is up to date).

-Completly removing and reinstalling the graphics driver (this issue now has persisted through 3 different drivers, and it started about 2 weeks after I got a new one).

-Plugging the DP-cable into annother slot on the graphics cards I/O. (unfortunatly my screen only has 1, so can't switch there).

-Using a new cable.

-Tweeking windows and Nvidia power options (to ensure it is no sleep mode etc).

So it the an obvious solution I'm missing, or is it as I kinda suspect just the screen being faulty? I've just never seen a screen do it with such large timegaps.
Find a fix? recently had this start happening after I installed my new card and 2 more sticks of ram. Did all the same attempts at fixing as you did.

TRENDING THREADS