Mar 18, 2018
Hi there future owners of my gratitude, here are my specs:

Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
Video card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Storage: 414 GB free

Alright, so my less than 1-year-old laptop had been running games on relatively decent settings for a few months without any problems at all. However, recently, the framerates had been horrible: less than 30 FPS, no exceptions, even at the lowest settings.

That's when I got the brilliant idea (which, in hindsight, wasn't brilliant at all) of resetting my laptop. And now here I sit, with a laptop that is still unable to smoothly run a game.

If you guys could help me out that'd be immensely appreciated, as I have no idea what's going on. Just a warning though: you might lose a few brain cells trying to explain everything as I'm not really tech-savvy

P.S. when I right click on the desktop I can't see the Nvidia control panel

Solution
most newer laptops with two gpu the second gpu is a small card on the bottom of the laptop. the card may have gone bad or is not seated. if you dont think you can open and check then take the unit to a shop have them check that the gpu still locked down.
most newer laptops with two gpu the second gpu is a small card on the bottom of the laptop. the card may have gone bad or is not seated. if you dont think you can open and check then take the unit to a shop have them check that the gpu still locked down.

Solution