one AGP and one PCI

G

I have GeForce2 MX and I like it, but there are many old Unreal based engine games that don't work well with GF2MX, I can get VooDoo 5 6000 PCI very cheap and I know THERE IS A WAY to run 2 videocards at once. Voodoo will be in PCI slot and GF2MX will be in AGP 4x slot (I have A7V and 800Mhz Athlon). What programs can I get for using Voodoo5 for games like Unreal and DeusEx and how fast would voodoo5 work on them?

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
You need to understand that a PCI version of a card may work, but that Windows will use it as a secondary card, causing some of it's features to be scaled down, or not used at all. Also, a PCI card will run slower than an AGP card, as it has to share the PCI bus with your modem, Sound card and any other cards that you may have. I have no benchmarks to show,but from one who has used multiple monitors before, I don't see the secondary monitor as a gaming option as it can become unsatable if too much resources are using it. It is very nice though for internet researching/browsing and school projects.

If it works for you then don't fix it.

G

When maximum PC magazine was making their Dream Machona 2000 they used GeForce2 Ultra as their card and there was also a note:" we installed Voodoo 5 5500 to play some GLIDE games" this is why I asked...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You don't really need the whole card, a graphics accelerator would also work, I have a Voodoo 2 graphics accelerator with VGA in and out new in the box if you need it. It has 12MB for acceleration in GLIDE only.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine