One Computer Cannot Join Workgroup

ve_nus

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
My computer was connected to a workgroup, we shared the same internet wireless connection, my printer is shared, but my officemate can't find my computer in their network places... I try all the ways given from the internet but nothings change... I'm been working for this for 2 days already, i'm frustrated na! any suggestion? thank you..

Solution
You have two different networks setup it looks like, unless they are linked together you will not see the other computers. How exactly is the area connected and wired together? Are the routers bridged together?

If you want to get a stronger wireless signal you can configure the D-Link as a wireless bridge (you can find out how to do that in the manual for your model), or get a real wireless bridge device.

ve_nus

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
We are using Microsoft windows XP professional version 2002. I forgot to mention, when i click the view workgroup computers, the message will appear saying "d-link is not accessible. You may not have the permission to use this network resource.. Contact the admin......"

ve_nus

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
i chNGE MY CURRENT WORKGROUP NAME FROM D-LINK TO MSHOME BECAUSE IT IS THE NAME OF THE WORKGROUP, BUT THE MESSAGE IS STILL THE Same, MSHOME IS NOT ACCESSIBLE.........CONTACT THE ADMIN.....

ve_nus

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
as of now, we have 2 internet wireless connection one is D-LINK which I uses, the new one is PLDT MyDSL, when i connect to D-link the error message will appear every time i click the view workgroup computers, but when i connect to PLDT MyDSL I am able to see my own computer and other computers, but I prefer to connect in D-link because it has a stronger signal.

You have two different networks setup it looks like, unless they are linked together you will not see the other computers. How exactly is the area connected and wired together? Are the routers bridged together?

If you want to get a stronger wireless signal you can configure the D-Link as a wireless bridge (you can find out how to do that in the manual for your model), or get a real wireless bridge device.

Solution